- 60 minutes
- For 10 people
- 0.5 € / person
- 289kcal per 100g.
How to make a very fluffy chocolate cake . When we talk about biscuit recipes we can find many types, but if we focus on their textures we have one or the other.
Clearly it would differentiate them between the most compact, type pound cake , passing through the bundt cakes , so fashionable nowadays, until they reach the most spongy cakes . It is the latter that we will talk about today, how to get a real sponge cake and, specifically, our favorite, a perfect sponge cake.
Many of you have asked me by mail, on social networks or with a comment in a post, why don’t I get the sponge cakes? Since they have not come out, they have been weighing me down or with a calf (as my mother usually says), it has sunk in the middle, I do not know what yeast to use …
You already see a lot of doubts, which I think with this post as a trick or advice, will help you. If on top we get that cake to be with a touch of chocolate … much better, right?
Preparation of a chocolate cake
- We separate the whites from the yolks of the eggs and in a bowl add the yolks and sugar and beat.
- Add the natural yogurt and oil and continue beating until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff with a pinch of salt and add them to the previous mixture. With enveloping movements, without beating, we integrate until we have a homogeneous cream, trying to keep the air bubbles that the whites will provide.
- In another bowl we combine the dry ingredients, the flour, the cocoa, the yeast and the bicarbonate. We sift these ingredients over the cream that we have reserved and carefully integrate them.
- We grease a mold with butter and line it with baking paper. Pour the mixture and, with the oven previously heated to 180º C, bake for about 30-35 minutes. We will check that the cake is ready by pricking it with the tip of a knife and checking that it comes out clean.
With simple ingredients and following some easy guidelines we will have a super fluffy chocolate cake perfect for snacks for children and adults. A whole mouthful of yummy.
Do not fail to enjoy all different dessert recipes with chocolate that is in the blog, from the chocolate cake more triumphs in the blog, a chocolate brownie breathtaking display or chocolate cake and orange are an example .
You can see all the step-by-step photos of this super fluffy brownie in this album.
Tips for a sponge cake
To get a sponge cake some ingredients are important and also the way in which we treat them.
- All the ingredients should be at room temperature, especially when it comes to eggs and butter.
- The butter must be worked with ointment texture naturally, that is, not to heat it in the microwave. We must leave it well in advance out of the fridge until it becomes creamy.
- We can substitute the butter for oil, which will make the cake less heavy and will give it more fluffiness. In this case, I recommend using sunflower oil. This provides less flavor than the olive would give it, but that would suit tastes.
- Yogurt, buttermilk or buttermilk or a creme faiche add lightness to the mix compared to milk or cream.
- Use bicarbonate combined with yeast when we include some type of dairy among the ingredients of the preparation of a sponge cake.
- In the case of a chocolate cake, the use of cocoa powder is more recommended than the use of melted chocolate. We would always add it mixed with the flour that we must sift when integrating it.
Tricks in the preparation of the cake
At the time of the process it is important to take into account a series of points:
- Separate the whites from the yolks and beat the whites until stiff. It will give our sponge cake much more fluffiness than if we add the whole eggs.
- We must start beating the yolks with the sugar. Always until we have a whitish cream that will have doubled its volume.
- If we find a recipe that works with butter and starts mixing it with the sugar, we will do the same process as in the case of the yolks and the sugar, we will beat the mixture until we have a bank cream and much more volume.
- When it comes to baking, we shouldn’t go over 180º C. As a general rule, we will get it to cook little by little, making sure that the inside of the cake is perfect.
- What will vary, depending on the type of cake, will be the baking time.
With these simple guidelines, we will surely get a sponge cake perfect for breakfasts and snacks.