- 20 minutes
- For 6 people
- 0.75 € / person
How to make white chocolate mousse. Those who follow me know that they are a total fan of chocolate. Any dessert recipe that has chocolate, whatever version I find it, chocolate is a sure hit for me.
The chocolate mousse is originally a French culinary preparation which is based on the clear egg whipped to soft peaks, which provides the fluffiness to dessert. With this base and combining ingredients we can prepare mousse with infinite flavors, although perhaps the most classic is chocolate .
In the case of today’s recipe, the combination of white chocolate and pistachio is perfect, the fluffy texture of the mousse accompanies the crispness of the pistachios which makes this dessert a different and fun option. The white chocolate flavor is soft and delicate , it is a perfect dessert to look good at a friend’s dinner or simply to enjoy at home with the family.
Preparation of white chocolate mousse
- We hydrate the gelatin by leaving it to soak for 15 minutes in a bowl of water. We reserve until the moment of using it.
- We separate the yolks from the whites and assemble the egg whites until stiff with a pinch of salt.
- The trick so that they mount without problem is to use a bowl without any remaining fat, to have the egg whites at room temperature.
- When they are almost assembled we are adding the sugar little by little until it is fully integrated and we have the meringue ready. We reserve.
Whipping the cream and final presentation of the chocolate mousse
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie, continuing to stir and add the butter.
- Mix well so that it melts and integrates with the melted chocolate and let it warm. When the chocolate is tempered we add the gelatin sheet that we have to soak and stir until they are diluted and mix well. We reserve.
- We assemble the cream with a stick mixer. In order to assemble the cream without problems it is important that it is very cold, and even in its own container where we are going to assemble it, if we keep it in the fridge a few minutes before, much better.
- Pour the chocolate into a large bowl and alternately add half the meringue. Remove with a spatula, add half of the cream and integrate again.
- We continue like this until we mix the rest of the meringue and the cream. It is important that we mix the cream in a smooth and enveloping way to prevent it from falling off. We reserve.
- We remove the outer shell of the pistachios and blanch them for 4 to 5 seconds in boiling water. This way we can easily remove the outer film that covers them. We dry the pistachios well with a kitchen paper and crush them.
- Add the pistachios to the mousse and stir until they are integrated with all the cream.
- We will leave a couple of tablespoons without mixing and then decorate.
It is a beautiful, fruitful and very tasty dessert, ideal to be like kings in front of our guests, a delicious sweet.
Tips for a yummy mousse
- To serve the mousse the ideal is that we put it inside a pastry bag or a plastic bag to which we will cut one of its corners. Thus we fill the glasses in which we decide to serve it.
- Once filled, we keep the mousse for a minimum of 2 hours in the fridge so that it completely sets. Before serving, sprinkle with a pinch of crushed pistachios that we have reserved.
- Among the dessert recipes with chocolate mousse is one of my favorite, the blog can find chocolate mousse with shiny glaze , mousse of chocolate hazelnut mousse and chocolate orange .
- Be sure to enjoy all the yummy sweets in our dessert recipes . You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.