- 15 minutes
- For 4 people
- 0.6 € / person
- 230kcal per 100g.
How to make zucchini spaghetti with pesto.
Ever since I bought a kitchen pot to make vegetable spaghetti, my kitchen has been flooded with colorful spaghetti , with carrots, aubergines, zucchini, or beets.
The truth is that for the four hard that the grater costs, it is worth it, for the originality and versatility in my kitchen.
This manual grater is perfectly suited for its purpose, nothing electric, which I imagine will be more expensive. It will also help us to eat healthier at home.
These vegetables made with spaghetti can be cooked or sautéed, depending on the type of vegetable and the consistency you prefer. In the case of zucchini it is better that they are a little al dente.
In addition to being very rich, they will also serve to replace carbohydrates with vegetables , being perfect as a unique dish when carrying vegetables and a very simple pesto sauce to give flavor.
A vegetarian recipe that you can change at home, another recipe to succeed among the little ones and of course, the older ones.
Preparation of green pesto with mincer
- Once the pesto is made you can use it directly. Although if you keep it in a tightly closed container for a few hours, the fusion of flavors will be enhanced.
- If we prepare it with the grinder (it is only a venial sin and it is faster).
- We will place everything in a bowl and crush until there is a paste similar to a puree or light sauce.
- Remember to chop the basil well so that it does not get tangled in the mixer blades. We reserve to add to the zucchini spaghetti.
- Remember that if you have time you can do it with mortar, in the old way. You can watch the video below.
Preparation of zucchini spaghetti
- We clean the zucchini by cutting both ends. We wash very well, because we are going to take advantage of the skin that will give it color and also flavor.
- With the grater cutter we make the zucchini spaghetti. We put one end of the zucchini in the spiralizer and turn it clockwise as if it were a pencil to sharpen.
- Place the vegetable spaghetti in a large bowl with cold water and reserve.
- In a large skillet pour the two tablespoons of olive oil and heat over high heat.
- Sauté the drained zucchini quickly, until it softens a little, no more than 1-2 minutes because it begins to release too much liquid.
- Add the sauce to the pesto to your liking, stir taking advantage of the fact that it is all hot and that it will be perfectly impregnated with the vegetable paste. We skip lightly and distribute among our diners.
- We serve with more pesto sauce so that each one is served to their liking. I like to add a touch of grated cheese on top before serving. But it is optional.
You see, a dish full of color, tasty, healthy and with everything for the little ones to eat vegetables at home without protesting.
Tips for some squash pesto zucchini
- With this method you turn the vegetables into something similar to pasta and more fun to eat than a simple boiled vegetable.
- A very attractive method to help children and not so children eat more vegetables.
- Courgettes lend themselves well to this cut into long strips and can be lightly sautéed over high heat in a wok or deep frying pan to remove the raw flavor.
- Courgettes require very little stir-fry since they are so thin they cook in no time. The degree of softness depends on each one.