- 10 minutes
- For 6 people
- 1.3 € / person
- 290kcal per 100g.
How to make a salad with the three cheeses.
Fresh salad , easy to prepare and very tasty, perfect to accompany on a barbecue or barbecue so common in Galicia on weekends.
And it is that we must balance a little all these tributes that we give ourselves during the weekend, the body asks for social life, but also green things and full of water to hydrate. We have to balance the party with a good lettuce salad.
To avoid getting bored with the usual salad, the daily salad with tomato and lettuce , it is best to vary the ingredients, use an original dressing and have a little imagination .
This is a fresh recipe with a different touch, ideal for those dinners or meals with friends where the amount of food is usually abundant and a good salad is appreciated to “degrease”.
I leave you with a new idea to surprise your guests, different flavors and passion for cheese. Rich, rich … yummy, you will tell me.
Preparation of the salad base
- We wash the lettuce or if you opt for the mezclum version of lettuces. Drain well and reserve.
- We put the leaves in a large bowl to make it easier for us to mix with the rest of the ingredients.
- Peel the walnuts and chop them in a mortar or the blender.
- They range from pearls to cheese, even more so if we use creamy cheeses, I recommend that you prepare the salad with the ones you like the most, but I recommend Galician cheeses, such as Arzúa-Ulloa, Tetilla, a San Simón or the lesser known but of quality superior, O do Cebreiro .
- The combination of cheeses would be: some goat cheese curlers and some sheets of very fine cured and smoked Idiazabal, which give the salad authority, a little more strength.
- We cut the cheeses into small cubes in the case of the Arzúa-Ulloa, we laminate the Idiazabal with the cheese grater.
- We cut about 1 cm rollers from the goat cheese. We reserve.
- In this case the recipe has crispy and fried onion, but you can make it yourself at home and add warm to the salad.
- The caramelized onion with a little honey is also very good , it gives a very rich sweet point that will do very well in contrast to the cheese, especially with the goat cheese.
- We assemble the salad with the previous ingredients, the salad leaves at the bottom of the plate, the pieces of cheese, the well-chopped nuts and the fried onion (or caramelized) on top.
- We almost have it ready, and as I always tell you, imagination to power, you can add fruit, raisins, blueberries, red plums, dates or apple marry very well with cheese.
Preparation of the dressing and final presentation
- In a glass add a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper. We introduce the extra virgin olive oil and the sherry vinegar.
- Chop the half green apple into very small pieces and sprinkle with a little lemon juice so that it does not rust, add to the previous sauce.
- Stir vigorously until tied. We add the aromatic herbs to our liking, in this case: Oregano, peppermint and basil. Mix gently until well mixed. We reserve.
- Add the dressing and mix carefully before serving . Enjoy this refreshing salad!
You can see all the photos of the recipe in the step by step of the next album