- 60 minutes
- For 8 people
- 0.8 € / person
- 325kcal per 100g.
How to Make a yogurt flan .
Today I bring you a sweet recipe that will surely leave you with a good taste in your mouth, yogurt flan with raspberry sauce .
The first time I tried it was on one of the many meals my mother makes for her gang of friends.
The mix of flavors of this homemade flan is spectacular, everyone was delighted and impressed. The truth is that it looks like a super complicated dessert, but it is very easy and fruitful.
Yogurt flan is very easy to make and combines very well with many types of fruit sauce. In this case, we have opted for the acidic flavor of raspberries, which suits them perfectly and will surprise your diners.
The touch of raspberry gives it a little more glamor, but if you are one of those who only likes caramel, you can do without the raspberry sauce. And if there are children at home and they are very chocolatiers, you can prepare this same dessert but with chocolate.
The only thing you would need is to change the plain yogurt , for chocolate yogurt and that’s it.
A perfect dessert for any time of the year. In winter it can be taken warm and in summer you can cool the raspberry sauce well and you will see that it brings freshness to the dish, a touch of yummy.
Preparation of the caramel base of the yogurt flan
- We make the caramel for the base of the rectangular mold. In a small saucepan, heat 4 tablespoons of sugar with one tablespoon of water.
- We cook until a blond caramel forms, being careful not to burn it.
- Pour the caramel into the mold and spread over the entire base.
- If we are going to do it directly in the mold where you are going to prepare your dessert.
- Place the pan on the stove over low heat and watch that the caramel does not get too dark. We do not want it to burn and make us bitter instead of sweetening.
- In a flan mold, pour the liquid caramel until it covers the bottom and sides.
Preparation of the yogurt flan
- We will start with the flan cream. We choose a deep container and add the yogurts, the liquid cream, the condensed milk and the eggs.
- We beat well with the mixer so that all the ingredients are integrated. We add the mixture to the mold with the caramel.
- In a large saucepan we put water to half and introduce the mold with the mixture, so that it is done in a bain-marie.
- We put it on high heat and covered until the water starts to boil.
- Then, we will put it on low heat and covered until it has curdled. That is, when inserting the rod it has to come out clean. It will take approximately an hour to set.
- You see that it is very simple, it is about mixing all the ingredients and you just have to wait for it to finish curdling in a bain-marie. I usually do it in a saucepan on the fire. But there are those who prefer to use the oven.
- In this case you would put a container with water halfway, the rack in the middle of the oven, heat only below and temperature 200 ° C.
- When we see that the flan has curdled, we remove the tray. We let it cool down inside the mold.
- We store in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving, but I think it is better from one day to the next, the dessert gains flavor.
- Carefully unmold in a plate so that all the flan is bathed in caramel.
Preparation of the raspberry sauce and final presentation of the flan
- We prepare the raspberry sauce. In a deep container, put the raspberries, the juice of 1 lemon and the five tablespoons of sugar.
- We beat with the mixer until we have liquid and creamy.
- We serve with the sauce separately and add the sauce in each plating individually and to enjoy.
- I advise you to prepare it a day before and leave it to rest overnight in the fridge.
- Of course if we do not have raspberries, we can use strawberries that we still have in season and if not with the jam that we like the most at home, peach, pear, apple. We can also serve it with pieces of fresh and chopped fruit.
Be sure to enjoy all the yummy sweets in our dessert recipes . You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.