- Very easy
- 10 minutes
- For 4 people
- 0.8 € / person
- 205kcal per 100g.
How to make strawberries with yogurt .
This Sunday is Mother’s Day , what better gift than to cook yourself and let your mother spend her day as she deserves, like a queen.
Surely you will say that you do not know how to cook, that she takes a lot of work, that since she does not cook anyone, that she does not leave me … cheap excuses , what after so many years, I already have calaos!
Today I present a dessert ” for people with allergies to the kitchen ” , easy no, very easy. It is also very economical because we are going to use strawberries that are in season.
You can also change them for the fruit that you like the most, from raspberries, blueberries, morodos (small and wild strawberries), mandarins, orange … any fruit you can find in the seasonal calendar .
Who has never tried strawberries and cream ? Well, I have replaced the whipped cream (which is also an option) with Greek yogurt , which I love, and I have covered it with a soft layer of crispy caramel.
When you put the spoon it breaks easily and adds a touch of class to this simple dessert similar to Catalan cream .
It is very important that strawberries are good, tasty, not one that doesn’t taste like anything. This fruit is the first to ripen in the spring and I love it with spices, in addition to the established sugar.
Although I also recommend that you take them alone since they are very beneficial for health (8 strawberries have 100% of the recommended daily amount of vitamin C, in addition to having only 55 calories per cup and are suitable for celiacs because they are gluten-free) .
I leave you with this recipe, you have no excuses not to do it.
Preparation of strawberries
- We must choose those strawberries that are ripe and that provide flavor.
- We wash the fruit very well to remove possible traces of sulfates or dirt and cut into small pieces or sheets.
- We chose a large bowl to mix the strawberries with two tablespoons of sugar, one of cinnamon and a pinch of cardamom and several types of pepper, the latter will help to bring out the flavors.
- We open the vanilla bean and remove the seeds, add everything to the chosen container.
- If you do not dare with any of these spices, simple, do not add them. We mix everything very well so that the flavors come together.
Preparation of yogurt and strawberries. Final assembly
- We choose the Greek yogurt that you like the most, it is important that it is cold, if the yogurt is already sugary it is not necessary to add sugar in the previous step.
- We put together until the yogurt is a little pink and put in the fridge for a few minutes so that the mixture settles.
- We put the strawberries with yogurt in the individual ramekin-type refractory molds and we would only have to burn the surface to make the crunchy caramel.
- We put a few tablespoons of glass or normal sugar on top and burn with a kitchen torch, if you do not have preheat the oven grill to high temperature.
- We put the molds on a baking sheet and place on it until the sugar darkens and caramelizes.
- Let cool in the fridge for about 15 minutes, until the caramel has cooled enough to be eaten, or refrigerate up to 2 hours before serving.
You can see that it is a quick dessert, with a very soft, fresh cream and a layer of crispy sugar.
I encourage you to prepare it at home and take it with your mother, partner, family, friends …
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album .