- 45 minutes
- For 4 people
- 2.5 € / person
- 290kcal per 100g.
How to make a warm salad with legumes . Today we already know that the concept of salad can go beyond lettuce, tomato and onion.
There are infinite ingredients that we can incorporate to prepare a tasty dish that the whole family likes. For this reason, I have launched the concept “warm salad” with which you can make thousands of original combinations. Both with meat and fish is a fun and recommended alternative.
Today’s recipe, in addition to being a recycling recipe , comes with Asturian touches , is varied and very complete. It contains legumes, vegetables and meat accompanied by a cabrales sauce that makes it a complete dish that could easily become a unique dish.
The ideal time to prepare this salad is that in which, after having made some bean stew at home, we have something left over. We take the opportunity to save money on recycling and take a class salad completely transforming the flavor and context of our beans.
If we do not have any bean stew planned or we do not feel like starting to cook them on purpose, we can skip the steps of their preparation if we decide to use them already precooked in a pot. There are quality brands that we can use if we don’t have much time or want to cook.
Substituting the ham knuckle for a good serrano ham in small cubes, we will also get a salad with yummy cabrales .
Cooking the warm salad ingredients
- We put to desalt the ham knuckle for 3 days, changing the water 3 or 4 times a day. It is important that we keep the meat in the fridge while it is desalinated, this way we will avoid spoiling it. In the same way, we put the beans to soak and leave them no less than 8 hours.
- In a fast pot we put the ham knuckle to cook. When the signaling button rises to the second ring, we lower the temperature to a minimum and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- We turn off and put the pot under the cold water tap until we can open it.
- Add the beans to the casserole along with a couple of carrots and a whole onion and cover again.
- We put the pot on the fire and let the marker button rise again until the second ring is visible.
- At this time we lower it to the minimum and let it cook for 2 minutes and turn off the fire. The time it takes for the pot to cool down and be able to open it will complete its cooking.
Preparation of the sauce with cabrales or cheese sauce
You can follow this video recipe or buy that cheese sauce that you like the most, that is always of quality, the recipe deserves it.
Preparation of the fabes salad. Final presentation
- In a dish suitable for the oven, put the cherry tomatoes and the broccoli in sprigs once they are clean.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180ºC. We reserve.
- In a frying pan, heat a tablespoon of olive oil and add the wild asparagus.
- Sauté the asparagus for 4 or 5 minutes until they are al dente. We remove from the fire and reserve.
- We assemble the salad in a bowl by first placing the drained beans in the stew water. Then we accompany with the chopped ham knuckle meat, asparagus, tomatoes and broccoli. At the time of serving we season with the Cabrales sauce and serve warm.
It is a first class salad that does not need company other than good quality bread.
A simple, tasty and ideal salad to surprise. Here you have a step by step in photos where I show how to prepare this recipe for warm bean salad . Do not miss any detail so that it comes out perfect.