- 30 minutes
- For 6 people
- 2.2 € / person
- 210kcal per 100g.
How to make a rice salad with tuna .
This very hot weather salad (although it is almost like it all year round), like the pasta salad or the country salad, is a very complete and easy to prepare first course.
I have tried to make it with not very usual ingredients, to give it a more original and slightly different touch. One of the least common may be pickles, in this case, onions, capers, and pickles. They will give a crispy touch to your salad, similar to what you will find in our salmon tartar .
Capers are characterized by having many minerals, rich in sodium and many other nutrients. Today’s recommendation is one of those salad recipes with a relatively simple preparation and a delicious touch.
On the blog you can find some other recipe with rice , we have something for everyone, from a salad with brown rice to an Arab rice with an exotic touch for us. Perfect for the whole year, as an accompaniment or a single dish.
The base of the dish is rice , in this case we have used a long grain rice, but in the market you will find special SOS rice for salads , perfect for this recipe.
The rest of the ingredients provide the vitamins and nutrients necessary to obtain a very complete salad. Perfect from a nutritional point of view, varied and tasty. The result is very appetizing. You will love it!
Before starting. The eggs
- We are going to cook the eggs in another fire. We cover them with cold water and cook 10-12 minutes from the boil.
- We should not cook them any longer since a dark greenish halo forms around the yolk that is unpleasant to the eye. Nor should we let the eggs rest in the water in which we have cooked them.
- We must immediately pour cold water so that they temper and do not continue cooking. With these indications you have to be perfect.
- As soon as they are cold. Let’s separate the yolks from the whites. We cut into small pieces the whites that will go in the salad and the yolks (whole) that we will mix with the vinaigrette. We reserve in the fridge.
Preparation of the rice salad with tuna
- We cook the rice. To do this we heat 1.5 liters of water in a saucepan. When it starts to boil, add the rice.
- We cook the rice for 20 minutes, drain the excess water and cool in cold water. Strain and add to a bowl where we will assemble the salad.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, capers, diced gherkins, chopped yolks, sweet corn, crumbled tuna, diced soft cheese, diced tomatoes, artichokes and onions. Mix well and reserve.
Preparation of the vinaigrette and presentation
- Prepare the dressing by mixing the crumbled yolks, the extra virgin olive oil, the lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
- To facilitate our work we can use a glass jar with a lid. This will make the combination of the dressing ingredients very simple. We can serve the salad warm or cold.
This rice salad is a recommendation but not the only one, a healthy option to prepare a unique refreshing and nutritious dish.
Tips for a Stuffed Rice and Tuna Salad
- It can be served warm or fresh if we make it the day before. We keep it in the fridge in a bowl covered with a little plastic film or in a tupper, so it will keep perfectly 2-3 days.
- If you have not yet prepared it at home, it is a great option to make a refreshing, light salad with bright colors and easy to prepare .
- A recipe that you can tune with your favorite ingredients and give it a delicious touch, perfect for the daily tupper at work.
- Rice is a very popular cereal with a neutral flavor, which makes it a versatile ingredient, although I recommend that it be a rice that is loose so that it mixes well with the other ingredients. In addition, this salad accepts many combinations, you can even make it with brown rice with even the most basic ingredients that you like or with your favorite vinaigrette.