- 70 minutes
- For 8 people
- 0.4 € / person
- 285kcal per 100g.
How to make Japanese chocolate cheesecake
If there is an easy cheesecake in the whole world that has to be the Japanese chocolate cheesecake.
Zero complication, suitable for beginners, this cake requires only three ingredients in its most basic version, although we have added a couple more with which to decorate it.
This is an amazing sweet recipe , in which the combination of its ingredients results in an amazingly textured, fluffy and airy cheesecake. With a smooth flavor and a point of perfect sweetness and very, very juicy.
Surely you have seen it on other websites under the name of cheesecake or Japanese cheesecake or three-ingredient cheesecake .
We have tried to get to the origin of it and we have not found it. Will your recipe really come from Japan ? The truth is that, without disdain, we care little. Here it is about enjoying it, period.
If you are fans of cheesecakes, you can not stop trying this cake. Its elaboration process requires an oven, but with the difference compared to others, which is cooked in a double boiler.
And it is very important not to open the door during the whole process, even when it is getting cold inside.
The temptation is difficult to resist, but if you are able to resist we guarantee that the result will have been worth it.
We will have a different and very tasty cheese and chocolate cake , perfect as a dessert and to surprise the guests. Yummy!
Preparation of the mold where the cake will go
- We line the base and walls of a 20 cm removable mold with vegetable paper.
- To make it stick well, we previously grease the mold inside.
- It is not necessary to line the mold, but we make sure that the cake does not break and is more aesthetic with the demoulding.
- We carefully line the outside of the mold with two or three layers of aluminum foil.
- We are going to bake the cake in a bain-marie and we do not want the water to enter the mold.
Preparation of the base of the cheese cake and chocolate
- Chop the white chocolate, in ounces, and place them in a deep container.
- We melt in the microwave with short heat strokes and medium power, stirring between blows and blows.
- We can place the container on a saucepan with water and heat over a low heat, it will melt with the steam slowly.
- Add the cream cheese spread to the bowl with the melted chocolate and stir well with a few rods until integrated.
- It is important that the cheese is at room temperature so that there is no thermal shock and lumps form.
- Next we separate the yolks from the whites.
- Add the yolks to the mixture of chocolate and cream cheese spread and stir well until homogeneous.
- In another deep container we mount the egg whites until stiff. Then we add the whites to the cream cheese, helping us with a spatula or pastry tongue.
- We integrate into the cream little by little, stirring with enveloping movements and smoothness so that they do not lose the air incorporated with the shake.
- Fill the mold with the mixture, spreading evenly over the entire surface.
Baking and final presentation of the Japanese cake
- We place the mold on a baking tray and add two fingers of hot water to the tray to cook the cake in a bain-marie.
- With the oven pre-heated to 170º C, with heat up and down, we introduce the tray and cook our cake for 15 minutes.
- After this time, we lower the temperature to 160º C and bake for 15 more minutes. Finally we turn off the oven and let the cake cool completely inside.
- Once cold, remove it from the oven and carefully remove the mold, remove the paper from the sides.
- Sprinkle with cocoa, using a colander so that it is well distributed over the entire surface, and decorate with chocolate chips.
Here you have a step by step in photos where I show how to prepare this recipe for this Japanese cheesecake . Do not miss any detail so that it turns out perfect, delicious.
Tips for a Japanese Fluffy Chocolate Cheesecake
- For a cake with greater height we will use a mold of 18 cm in diameter.
- It is important not to open the oven during the process so that the cake does not lose height.
- We can substitute white chocolate for milk chocolate or dark chocolate and get a more chocolatey version of this Japanese cheesecake. We can even combine several types of chocolate to taste, you just have to respect the amount indicated in the list of ingredients.
- The final decoration with cocoa and chocolate chips is optional and we can do without it, but we love the touch it brings.