- 30 minutes
- For 10 people
- 0.4 € / person
- 408kcal per 100g.
How to prepare some apple fritters .
Whether for Easter, for Carnival or for All Saints, buñuelos are one of the most classic sweets in our country.
They are, together with churros , torrijas and rosquillas , the emblem of the classic homemade pastry of all the houses.
The preparation of this dessert is simple, it is a dough of flour, egg and milk, which is fried in plenty of oil. From this point on the options are immense.
We can serve them alone, but also filled with cream, cream or chocolate. Even batter in sugar, cinnamon or bathe them in honey, they can be windy or with some type of accompaniment.
If I have to put a but it would be due to the fact that it is short in time when it comes to freshness.
The ideal is to consume them at the moment since with the passing of the hours they will become less smooth and tasty. In any case, it will surely cost you little to fulfill this premise and give a good account of a tray of delicious apple fritters .
It is true that, as in the past, most parties are no longer celebrated, but what has become clear is that thanks to our gastronomic repertoire.
It’s easy to keep the party on the table with this recipe or with All Saints’ Recipes . You will tell me.
Preparation of apple fritters
- We separate the whites from the yolks of the eggs and reserve both.
- Mix the yolks with the sugar in a bowl and beat well until it foams.
- Add the sweet wine, flour, yeast, pinch of salt and milk. Mix well until all the ingredients have been integrated.
- Peel and core the apple and cut it into small squares. Add the apple to the bowl and mix well.
- We assemble the egg whites until stiff. We incorporate them into the rest of the ingredients.
- With a spatula we mix well and with smooth movements so that the mixture does not come down. We let the mixture rest for 20 minutes so that the flour “opens”.
Frying and final presentation of apple fritters
- In a deep frying pan we heat plenty of neutral oil (sunflower or soft olive) so that it does not add more flavor to the dough.
- It is preferable that the pan is small and deep, so we will not put too many fritters to fry in each batch, thus preventing the oil from cooling down.
- When the oil is hot and with the help of two spoons we add small portions of dough to the pan.
- The difficulty of this dessert is in the temperature of the oil. Because if it is not hot, the dough falls to the bottom and must float, but if it is too hot, a dry envelope forms around the donut that prevents it from growing.
- Also if the oil is very hot, they will brown very quickly and will be raw inside. The first batch will serve us to try the following ones and they will be delicious.
- We fry the dough portions for 1 or 2 minutes on each side. We remove the fritters with a slotted spoon to a tray with kitchen paper to remove the excess oil.
- When they have been tempered we pass them to a plate with sugar. We coat them in it and place them in a definitive source. Ready to eat.
Be sure to enjoy all the yummy sweets in our dessert recipes .
You will find lots of ideas in the special ” All Saints ‘ Day ” of the sweetest with your favorite donuts. You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.
Tips for some yummy apple fritters
- Its preparation and consumption in the houses is fully extended, not only in Spain, but also in almost all of Latin America. Argentina, Colombia, Panama, Peru or Mexico, have these sweets among their most classic gastronomic repertoire.
- On these dates, the fritters are sweet or salty as the cod ones are very typical, you have double chocolate fritters , the carnival crespillos … tuneadlos with your favorite filling. Whipped cream, truffle, chocolate, strawberries, coffee …
- These apple fritters add the smoothness and juiciness of the apple to the already wonderful dough of the fritters.
- In a short time we will have a perfect deserving list for one of those days of wind and rain.
- Sweet wine brings a great touch to these bites, for sure, despite being an abundant quantity, they will not last long. You will tell me.