- 5 minutes
- For 1 people
- 0.4 € / person
- 143kcal per 100g.
Types of cooked eggs . How to make poached eggs or poached eggs.
A task like cooking an egg surely seems somewhat trivial and without major complications, but when it comes down to it, we see that everything has its importance.
And when it comes to cooking, time will be the determining factor of the different types of cooked eggs.
It is essential and advisable to use eggs as fresh as possible, to guarantee correct preparation and also for food safety reasons.
A good trick to check the freshness of the egg is to dip it in a glass of water. If it sits horizontally at the bottom, it means that we are facing a very fresh egg.
As for the different types of cooked eggs, we can find the following:
Eggs cooked in shell
- Egg passed through water : we will cook it 3 minutes in boiling water, then remove it and pass it through cold water, to cut the cooking. We present it vertically, in an egg cup, and cut the top of the egg with a spoon. The white will have a gelatinous texture and the liquid yolk.
- Hard-boiled or cooked egg : since the water boils, we introduce the egg taking care that it does not crack. We cook 10/11 minutes and remove. We can also pass them through cold water, so that later it is easier to peel the peel. The white and the yolk will be solid, but tender.
- Egg at low temperature : this preparation is currently in fashion, and is widespread especially in restaurants with more current or modern cuisine. At home we can also perform this technique, with the need for a kitchen thermometer or some device that keeps the water at a constant temperature. We will cook the egg at a constant temperature of 65º C. For the cooking time we can establish an interval between 20 and 40 minutes. The white will always be slightly solid and slightly curdled, and the yolk will be more or less liquid depending on the time we cook the egg.
- Poached egg or poached egg : the technique consists of cooking the egg (without shell) in lightly boiling water. It is advisable to do it with eggs that are as fresh as possible. If this is not the case, the trick would be to add a jet of vinegar to the water, so that the white and the yolk do not separate.
Preparation of Poached Egg or Poached
- We put water to heat in a saucepan.
- We crack the egg in a cup and reserve.
- At the moment that the water is about to boil (or boil slightly), we make a whirlpool with the help of a spoon or some rods.
- We drop the egg in the center of the swirl, delicately.
- We cook 3 minutes. We remove with a slotted spoon, and salt to taste.
- It will turn out the solid white but not completely curdled, and the liquid yolk inside.
Here you have all the step by step photos of how to make a poached egg in this album. Do not miss any detail and it will be perfect.
Tips for a Perfect Poached Egg
- The fresher the eggs, the better the poaching technique will turn out. If not, squirt vinegar into the water. In this way the white will contract better around the yolk.
- If we are going to consume the poached egg later, once we remove it, we will immerse it in ice water for a few seconds, to cut the cooking.
- When we go to serve it, we can heat it with some accompanying sauce, or also introduce the egg in hot water, for a few seconds.
- It is totally normal that an imperfect egg can result, with leftover white. When plating it, cut these imperfections with a knife or scissors, and you will be very lucid and successful.