- 240 minutes
- For 6 people
- € 1.5 / person
- 245kcal per 100g.
How to make a vanilla ice cream.
Preparing ice cream at home marks a before and after in the evaluation of ice cream that we can have in the summer.
It is true that there are establishments where we can enjoy quality ice cream recipes , made with natural products, but in most cases, they usually leave a lot to be desired.
At home we can prepare incredible ice creams using simple products such as base, milk, cream, sugar and eggs, and from these prepare ice creams of almost any flavor, chocolate , hazelnut , nougat , yogurt , and the ice cream that I bring you today, a classic, creamy vanilla ice cream .
It is about preparing an English cream or some light custard that we will then freeze, the secret to achieving a perfect flavor is to use some vanilla pods as fresh as possible.
With them we are going to aromatize the liquids, and that will also give a color point to the ice cream with the characteristic black specks of the internal grains of the pod.
If we have a refrigerator, this will do all the work, if not, we will have to devote some attention to removing the cream once it has been prepared and stored in the fridge, stirring it to break the ice crystals that will be formed.
The result will be a super creamy ice cream with a perfect natural vanilla flavor, great.
Preparation of vanilla ice cream
- In a saucepan, heat the milk, the seeds inside the vanilla pod and the already empty pod itself, the egg yolks and sugar.
- While it is being heated we beat it without stopping to dissolve the sugar and prevent the egg from curdling.
- If scratching the vanilla seeds is not cool, there are excellent extracts or vanilla paste. That is to say, the content of the pods is made into a paste that they already sell to us by boat.
- The point of this recipes is a good vanilla, in whatever form. Believe me it shows in the flavor of the ice cream.
- We heat the mixture without it boiling at any time. When we see bubbles appear on the surface, remove from the heat and transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- Add the cream and mix well until incorporated.
- We pour the ice cream into a container with a lid, a tupper and store it in the freezer.
- From this moment on, every 30 or 45 minutes we have to remove the ice cream from the freezer.
- We beat well to break the ice crystals that could form and store it again. We repeat this operation 3 or 4 times.
- To serve the ice cream we remove it from the freezer 10 minutes before so that it softens until we can form the balls.
It is one of the creamiest and tastiest ice creams you have ever tried. A soft and delicate touch of vanilla that make it the best, very good.
Be sure to enjoy all the yummy sweets in our dessert recipes .
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.