- 25 minutes
- For 8 people
- 0.5 € / person
- 315kcal per 100g.
How to prepare a nougat cake .
Among all the amount of typical sweet recipes for Christmas dates, I think nougat is the most versatile.
It is ideal for the preparation of other recipes having it as a base, nougat pannacota , a creamy nougat flan or a few simple glasses with the nougat as a combination of other ingredients.
Without forgetting one more summer option but exquisite for these dates, nougat ice cream . There are a lot of sweet recipes that we can prepare with this Christmas sweet.
At home we have used the remains of Christmas nougat to prepare this dessert, a nougat mousse cake , very simple to prepare and that will allow us to make a Christmas dessert par excellence with the silky and almond touch of the soft almond nougat.
The dessert consists of the preparation of a biscuit base with butter on which we are going to put a classic nougat mousse .
The result is a cake with a great nougat flavor but which never becomes cloying or excessively sweet.
There are many alternatives to present this cake, we can replace the biscuit base with a thin sponge cake plate or crown the mousse with a chocolate glaze.
In all possible ways, I think this nougat mousse cake will appeal to everyone.
Preparation of the biscuit base
- We put the cookies in a bag and with the help of a mortar or a small hammer.
- We crush them until they are like dust. We pour the crumbs in a bowl.
- Melt the butter in the microwave or in a saucepan and add it to the crumbled cookies. With a fork we integrate the cookies with the butter until they are well soaked.
- Spread the butter mold and line it, both base and sides of parchment paper or baking paper. This will facilitate the demolding of the cake.
- We have used a mold ø 18 cm. a little smaller than normal, but higher. So you will have some wide pieces like the ones you see in the photo.
- We put the cookies with butter in the mold and with our fingers press on the entire surface of the base until it is compact and of a uniform thickness.
- We keep in the fridge so that it hardens.
Preparation of filling for the nougat mousse cake
- We put the gelatin leaves in water to hydrate them. We reserve.
- We assemble the cream and store it in the fridge. You can watch the video above so that you get a perfect whipped cream.
- We separate the white from the yolk of the egg and reserve both. In a saucepan mix the egg yolk, milk, crumbled soft nougat and sugar.
- We put the saucepan on the fire and when it is very hot we remove it.
- Add the already hydrated gelatin leaves to the hot saucepan and stir until they have dissolved. We let it temper.
- Add the whipped cream and mix well. We mount the white to the point of snow and incorporate it into the mixture integrating it with enveloping movements to prevent it from falling as far as possible.
Assembly and presentation of the nougat cake
- We remove the mold from the fridge and pour the mixture on the biscuit base. We keep in the fridge again until the cream has curdled, about 3 or 4 hours.
- At the end of this time we will only have to unmold and decorate our cake just before serving it.
Be sure to enjoy all the desserts that we offer you for Christmas and that we have in our dessert recipes and in the special Christmas recipes .
Here you have a step by step in photos where I show how to prepare this recipe for Christmas nougat mousse cake . Do not miss any detail so that they come out of you delicious.
Tips for a yummy nougat mousse cake
- For this cake we have used a mold of 18 cm. For the base of cookies we will need about 150 grams of them, but if the mold has a larger diameter, you will have to add more cookies (200-210 g.). If you do not have this type of mold you can use the traditional mold ø 22-23 cm. that everyone has at home. But you will have a cake a little thinner.
- Perhaps the only thing we should take into account is that this mousse should be a little denser than normal so that it can withstand the demoulding of the cake and remain intact at all times, even when it is cut and transferred to each plate.
- We can sprinkle it with cocoa powder, crumbled nougat or with chocolate shavings.
- Any of the options will be perfect to decorate our cake, and all of them will be a delicious dessert.