For 4 € 2.5 /pers. 155 kcal/100g
- 100g. quinoa
- 150g. SOS brown rice
- 150g. canned peas
- 50g. arugula
- 250g. cherry tomatoes
- 200g. zucchini
- 200g. feta or vegan cheese
- For the vinaigrette:
- 75g. extra virgin olive oil
- 50g. of vinegar that you like the most, I recommend Jerez
- Salt (to the taste of each house)
Today we bring you a great preparation to try an ingredient that is not widely used in our gastronomy but is extremely worth it for its simple and quick preparation. In addition, it is a delicious, satiating and incredibly good for health dish since we only combine ingredients such as quinoa and brown rice , taking the properties and benefits of each of them.
The foods used, combined, contain a very high level of proteins and vitamins mainly. In the case of quinoa , we are faced with a great source of fiber, which contributes greatly to the supply of energy to our body. On the other hand, it contains the essential amino acids that we need and vegetable fats, which are always healthy.
Brown rice, for its part, contains high amounts of antioxidants, which are necessary to break down free radicals and are therefore beneficial. A tip with brown rice, the bran surrounding the grains will make the cooking time longer than refined white rice. The cooking time for SOS brown rice will be only 20 minutes. It is best to always read the instructions and recommendations of each manufacturer. You can find brown rice that takes more than 40 minutes to cook.
If we consume the necessary amounts of brown rice adequately and frequently, we will probably be reducing the risk of suffering from diseases in the future. Rice collaborates with the correct functioning of the digestive process and helps the metabolism function properly if we have the goal of losing weight. Another point to highlight is that it produces a feeling of satiety that also helps with this task.
With this rice recipe we will have a delicious salad that will also give us a large amount of energy to last the whole day. The foods included in this recipe have high amounts of protein, but the ones that stand out are the egg and salmon. Both foods from animals provide us with more benefits, such as the proper functioning of the heart or its protection. The egg is a necessary food for maintaining eyesight, for exercising memory and for increasing the level of vitamins. Salmon specifically is an incredible source of vitamins and minerals such as B12 or calcium.
A satisfying option for any meal of the day
This recipe is incredibly versatile so, in addition to being able to substitute some of the ingredients for others, it also works for any meal of the day. It is a very satiating lunch, so at lunch it can work as a good single dish or at dinner to replenish the energy we have spent during the day .
Salad is an excellent way to consume nutritious foods, plus it is very simple and has a very quick preparation . Likewise, we can include our favorite ingredients or even those we have in the refrigerator, accompanied by the spices we like the most. You can also add black pepper , which will give the whole a special touch.
Today’s preparation is as light as it is satisfying, and it will help us maintain the line without leaving home and with ingredients that we have at our disposal on a daily basis.
Preparation of brown rice salad with quinoa
- The first step to make this magnificent salad will be to boil both the quinoa and the rice. In a large saucepan, over medium heat, cook the brown rice in plenty of salted water. The cooking time is longer than that of refined white rice. The cooking time for this brown rice will be 20 minutes. It is best to always read the instructions and recommendations of each manufacturer. After cooking, drain the water well and set aside.
- We wash the quinoa under the tap until the water runs clear. Thus we are eliminating saponin, a soapy substance that covers it, thus reducing its bitterness. When the quinoa is washed, we put it in a saucepan with 2 parts water to 1 part quinoa and salt. Cook the quinoa for 15 minutes, over low heat, with the pot covered, set aside.
- We wash the zucchini well and cut it into thin slices or strips. If we have the utensil to make spaghetti with vegetables, it will be perfect. When consuming it raw, it is very important that the zucchini is very fresh.
- In a glass jar with a lid, add all the dressing ingredients, oil, salt and vinegar. We must be careful with the salt from this point on, once all the ingredients have been mixed, remember that cheese also contains salt. We cover the glass jar and shake it to emulsify all the ingredients.
- We assemble the salad by mixing all the ingredients, the quinoa, brown rice, cherry tomatoes whole or cut into two halves, arugula, peas, zucchini strips and feta cheese. We water with the vinaigrette, integrate and that’s it.
Finger licking good! What do you think?