- 20 minutes
- For 4 people
- 3.8 € / person
This week I have been on vacation in Galicia and it has been impressive, gastronomic butt. My land is in continuous party during the summer and wherever you go you find permanent revelry. As good Galicians, the gastronomy and the quality of the product of the area come first and the population does not matter, they all have something to show, so I encourage you to spend a few days there and exchange the beach for a good octopus dish. .
This recipe is an evolution of the Spaghetti All’Ubriaco that I presented to you a few weeks ago, but this time drunk in white wine and accompanied by a seafood sauce and cherry tomatoes. We are in the middle of the tomato season and in the summer meal with friends I took advantage of some that Mónica had from her father’s garden in Vilariño, tomatoes with tomato flavor. ” Ugly eat penises but exquisite “. The classic preparation of spaghetti ubriaco in wine is very famous in Florence. Perhaps this is a little more complicated than the previous one because of the sauce but it is still very quick and simple. For cooking in white wine I have chosen a godello ourensano and the sauce consists of cherry tomatoes, anchovies, trout and bonito from the North. It is simply exquisite, you will tell me.
Preparation of spaghetti
Normally I explain a few tricks so that the spaghetti is al dente but in this case the preparation is different because we have two types of cooking, one in water and one in wine. Let’s go to the topic.
- We heat two casseroles. In one of them we add a liter of water for every 100 g of pasta, it is the recommended measure per person except if we are passionate about spaghetti at home. These proportions (indicated on the packaging) help the paste not stick together.
- When the saucepan begins to boil with water, add 1 generous handful of salt, about 2 level tablespoons per 500 grams of pasta. Then we add the pasta, always all together. Stir with a wooden spoon so that the spaghetti does not stick and are loose.
- In the other casserole we put the white wine to cook with two tablets of fish broth. In addition we add a jet of a sweet wine that we have at home, in this case Nacho had a very rich muscat of Jerez, so a shot for the body and a splash for the casserole. This type of wine softens the white and looks great. You can replace it with a teaspoon of white sugar in case you don’t have it.
- The wine should simmer over low heat, if possible covered and keeping warm while the spaghetti is made in the water. In this way we will ensure that white wine does not evaporate.
- Cooking time is on the back of the spaghetti packet. As there will be two cookings, we must invest half the recommended time in the water, drain the spaghetti and then put them in the casserole with the warm white wine. At that time we raise the temperature to a medium-high heat and finish cooking the spaghetti using the rest of the time recommended in the package.
- We check how they are knitted. Normally the wine will have been consumed, although if there is a little left over it does not matter.
Presentation of the sauce and final finish of the dish
- Peel the garlic and chop finely.
- We cut the anchovies and smoked trout into small pieces. We reserve. The oil of the anchovies we add to the casserole or frying pan where we will prepare the sauce.
- While the pasta is in the wine, we put the garlic and the fish to fry carefully over low heat, so that it does not overdo it. We put a good jet of extra virgin olive oil because then we are going to mix it with the pasta, and so it is not very dry.
- Add the bonito from the North to the sauce and stir everything for about 2 minutes over low heat. I have to talk about this long and hard another day because the preserve you see in the photo is prepared by my friend Lydia with her family, almost 40 kg of Bonito del Norte packed in many cans. This process is worth telling, he has told me that he has taken photos and he will pass them to me with the explanation, so both you and I will learn one more thing.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and put them in the saucepan. We combine with the rest of the ingredients over high heat for a minute so that it releases some of its juice. Salt and pepper, little because remember that this sauce has anchovies.
- Once the spaghetti is al dente we mix them with the sauce, remove it from the heat and mix everything with a spoon so that the flavors come together. We serve immediately on hot plates.
Accompany it with a good wine, I recommend a great broth from the Nacho winery. I hope you enjoy the recipe and the wine. You will tell me …
As a complement to this recipe Nacho Pérez recommends another wine from the Monterrei area, he was not mistaken in the selection, one glass calls for another …, this godello is perfect:
- “Quinta do Buble 2009” Godello (DO Monterrei) Quinta do Buble Winery: “This 100% godello wine is the jewel of new wines from the Oimbra area, in Casa dos Montes, near Verín, Ourense. Awarded as the best white at the XX Galician Wine Tasting in 2008 and Acio de Oro 2009 proves that it is a great wine. The production of this wine is small and it is left to mature and stabilize in stainless steel tanks. A wine of straw yellow color with greenish reflections of fine layer. Clean, shiny and crystalline. Very good tears, incredible on the palate, very fresh, a wine with balanced acidity that does not bother later, it has a slightly balanced bitterness with floral and apple memories. In short, a good and great wine not very expensive, its price does not rise of € 8.50. Don’t stop trying it. ”