- 20 minutes
- For 4 people
- 1.6 € / person
- 290kcal per 100g.
How to prepare some pasta or elicoidali with aubergines.
One of the reasons for my love for pasta is that I can combine it with almost everything, and make hundreds of different pasta recipes .
The pasta with eggplant is a very simple starter, prepared with fresh ingredients: eggplant, tomatoes and basil .
It is in its simplicity that this dish always triumphs at home, a very appetizing and most attractive recipe.
To accompany today’s pasta, I have decided on aubergines , which are now in autumn in the middle of the season. Although we will find them all year round, from the end of the summer you will start to find them more frequently and especially at a better price.
The most common in Spain is the purple , pear-shaped, but in reality there are different varieties, although more rare and exclusive. Originally they were white, and with the passage of time and the hand of man, they have evolved.
In short, it will be a balanced dish, with the energy contribution of pasta and the dietary and antioxidant properties of aubergines.
Of all the types of macaroni that exist, I have chosen an elicoidali from Garofalo , perfect so that later the sauce adheres well to the pasta.
It is a very simple recipe, that in a few steps we will have prepared.
Preparation of the accompaniment. Aubergines
- Peel and chop the fine garlic. We fry it in a pan with a sheet of extra virgin olive oil.
- We remove the stem and leaves from the eggplants. We cut them into large slices and peel them. Now we dice. We add immediately to the pan, so that it does not rust and darken.
- Cook 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally. We want it to be done slowly, without burning, and to be as tender and juicy as possible.
- Pour the homemade tomato sauce and mix well. If you do not have your fried tomato preserve at home, you will find good quality brands in stores, with sauces made naturally.
- We separate the fresh basil leaves, wash them and chop finely, as if it were the case of parsley.
- Distribute evenly over the sauce, mix and cook (over medium heat) the whole while making the pasta.
Preparation of the pasta and final presentation of the macaroni
- While our sauce is thickening, we put on the pasta. The appropriate proportions are one liter of water for every 100 gr. of pasta, and 10 g. of salt. Then we put 3 liters of water to boil, we add 30 gr. of salt and then the pasta.
- Very important, nothing to add oil to the cooking water and not to put under the tap once the pasta is done.
- They are customs that must be eradicated, and that only spoil the final result of the dish. If you want to know a little more you just have to see the special how to cook pasta like an Italian that we have on the blog.
- We cook for the time recommended by the manufacturer, in this case 8 minutes. Drain the macaroni and then pour them into the pan with the eggplant sauce.
- Mix well, with enveloping movements, so that the pasta is steeped in the flavor of the sauce.
- We serve hot on the table and serve with grated cheese, to give a creamy final touch to the dish.
In just 20 minutes we have a very nutritious and healthy pasta recipe ready, and also cheap, you will not complain …
If you do not want to miss the detail of this pasta recipe with eggplants . Do not lose detail and you will get a perfect dish.