- 55 minutes
- For 8 people
- € 0.9 / person
- 398kcal per 100g.
How to make the McDonald’s apple pie . With this sweet recipe of today I want to pay tribute to a sweet that is no longer marketed today and that I loved.
I mean the well-known apple pie , and this time we’ll do that, a McDonald’s-style apple pie. A few years ago, within the dessert menu of one of the most famous fast food chains in the world, there were some apple pies that are still in the memory of many today.
Surely you remember the apple pies that were served hot at McDonald’s and that could be ordered fried or baked. A dessert with apples that had and still preserves, many followers. One of the few reasons I used to get into this fast-food style, as I’m not a big fan of his burgers.
It was a simple cake actually, a small bite similar to Apple Pie but in an easy version. A filling of apple sweetened and flavored with cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg, which is wrapped in short pastry as an envelope. At this point there were two options, frying the cake in plenty of oil or baking it, which is what we have done at home today.
The most suitable apples for this recipe are Granny Smith, its acid point is perfect once cooked and sweetened.
If you are one of those who enjoyed this dessert, do not miss the opportunity to try to prepare it at home. It is a simple recipe that will surely remind you of old times.
Preparation of the filling for the apple pie
- We peel and core the apples and cut them into small cubes, not more than 1 cm.
- In a frying pan add the butter and, when it is melted, add the chopped apples. We also add brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the water to the pan and continue cooking the apples 5 more minutes, until we see that they begin to soften. We reserve.
- We roll out the shortcrust pastry and prepare the pastry portions. We cut the dough into 6 × 12 cm rectangles.
- We put two tablespoons of filling on one side of each portion.
- We moisten the dough around its perimeter to help sealing. We fold the dough on itself to form an envelope.
- With a fork we seal the edges and place each of the cakes on a baking sheet, on a piece of paper.
Baking and final presentation of apple pie
- With the oven previously heated to 200ºC, we bake the cakes for about 25 minutes, until they have browned.
- We remove from the oven and let them temper before enjoying them.
- They will be perfect accompanied by a scoop of ice cream or simply as an accompaniment to a coffee at snack time.
Here you have a step by step in photos where I show how to prepare this apple pie recipe . Do not miss any detail so that they come out perfect.