- 50 minutes
- For 8 people
- 0.5 € / person
- 315kcal per 100g.
How to make a chocolate pudding . Do you like pudding? And the Chocolate? Today I propose a great combination, a quick and very simple dessert to prepare.
I have decided on a dessert recipe that is usually prepared in the United Kingdom and Ireland. A pudding or pudding that is between the egg custard and the chocolate custard made in the USA. This version is a baked cake, steamed like a flan that has a powerful chocolate flavor, perfect for those who love its flavor, very similar to Christmas Pudding.
To prepare this pudding I have added chocolate but you can do it with many other things, the true function of this dessert as I explained in the previous pudding recipe with nuts is to take advantage of bread or the like ( muffins , croisants or any bun that is no longer known I can put the tooth) that you have from previous days. Its base is bread and milk, with what comes to be like our French toast , but its binder is the egg. Its texture is very similar to egg custard and it accepts many additional ingredients, in this case chocolate.
A chocolate candy, creamy, sweet, energetic, comforting … and so easy to make that you will prepare again. A chocolate pudding with a very creamy texture perfect to prepare with the little ones at home. children love it for its creamy texture and rich chocolate flavor.
Preparation of chocolate pudding
- It is a very easy recipe, first we heat the milk with the tablespoon of cocoa powder and the zest of the orange. We let it heat but without boiling over very low heat (about 10 minutes).
- Chop the chocolate bar and add it to the hot milk, stir slowly and carefully with a wooden spoon for 5 minutes so that it does not stick and burn the mixture.
- In a bowl introduce the eggs and sugar, beat until a foamy sauce is left, which we will then add to the milk and bread.
- We add the bread cut into slices to the milk, we also introduce the eggs and beat everything until there is a creamy dough.
Preparation of the caramel
- We put a saucepan on the fire and add 5 tablespoons of sugar, a minute add a tablespoon of squeezed lemon. This whole process should be over medium heat so that it is not done too quickly.
- Add the water (1/2 small glass) and stir the syrup in circles with a wooden spoon, it usually does not take more than 5-6 minutes. When it starts to caramelize, it will take on a typical honey color.
- Color is very important because if it is too dark it means that the flavor will no longer be caramel but bitter. We transfer it to a cake container.
- With great care, because the freshly made caramel reaches very very high temperatures and you can burn yourself.
- We bathe the cake mold on the sides so that the entire caramelized mold remains.
- Let it cool and add the creamy mass of the Chocolate Pudding.
Final presentation of the chocolate pudding
- We prepare the oven, preheat it to 200º C and fill the tray with water. We wait until it starts to boil. It will be about 10 minutes approximately.
- We put the mold in the oven for 30-35 minutes until the pudding is curdled and golden. (Be careful to empty the water from the tray, I also tell you from experience, let it cool that there is no rush).
- Let the pudding cool in the fridge because it is much cooler and remove from the mold after 2 hours. We can help ourselves with a knife to separate well the edges that always stay a little stuck.
- We serve with a little whipped cream or a little fruit that combines well with the chocolate.
- The fruits of the forest are perfect. A raspberry coulis with its acidic flavor contrasts perfectly with the density of the chocolate.
- If you have children at home, get them involved in the preparation and decoration. A few chocolate noodles or colored dots will give them that touch of almost birthday cake.
This dark chocolate pudding is a very simple and fast dessert. A recipe with which we can quickly enjoy when we have a craving. I would even say that it is a profitable dessert, like the French toast , which helps to give out the leftover bread from other days.
Be sure to enjoy all the different chocolate desserts that are on the blog, a chocolate brownie that takes away the hiccups or a chocolate and orange cake are an example. You can see all the step by step photos of the chocolate pudding recipe in the next album.