- 70 minutes
- For 8 people
- 0.5 € / person
- 267kcal per 100g.
How to make a Swedish apple pie .
Apples, cinnamon, cardamom, are ingredients that take me to the winter kitchen.
Today I wanted to make a sweet recipe, an apple pie, the kind that seems to lead us to sit by the fireplace, a Swedish apple pie and dried fruit .
I always appreciate when my friends remember me and bring me little treasures from their travels.
Books, local cuisine, special ingredients or unusual kitchen utensils are, for me, incredible gifts. When Juanjo returned from Oslo he brought with him the recipe for this cake and today I want to share it with you.
It is an apple pie with the aroma of cinnamon and cardamom, with the particularity that, when baked without a base, it is much lighter. The cake is crowned with nuts, walnuts, hazelnuts and almonds, which further rounds off that winter point of this recipe.
The preparation of this dessert could not be easier, mixing, pouring and baking, are the only secret of this simple and tasty cake. In Oslo, Juanjo enjoyed it accompanied by an English cream, but I think it would also be perfect with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
So that it is not said that you cannot enjoy a light and delicious sweet, I leave you this easy recipe for Swedish apple pie and dried fruit.
Don’t forget that Swedish pastries are delicious. The Santa Lucia buns , the famous cinnamon rolls or the Lenten buns are some examples.
Preparation of the Swedish apple cake
- We peel the apples and remove the core. We cut the apples into 3-4 mm sheets. thick.
- We grease a mold that can be removed with butter. We can line the base of the mold with baking paper to facilitate the removal of the cake from the mold.
- Pour the rolled apples into the mold and add the ground cinnamon, the point of salt and the ground cardamom. To get the ground cardamom, we must remove the cardamom seeds from the pods and lightly grind them in a mortar.
- We stir well so that the apples are well impregnated with the spices. We reserve.
- In a bowl we beat the egg with the sugar and the melted butter. Add the flour and beat until you get a homogeneous mixture. We pour the cream obtained directly on the apples in the mold.
- We distribute the mixture well over the apples so that it covers the entire surface.
- We cover the tart with the dried fruits, almonds, walnuts and hazelnuts. With the oven previously heated to 190ºC, we bake the cake for 50 minutes. If we see that the top of the cake is browned too much, we can cover it with aluminum foil.
- We remove the cake from the oven and let it cool on a rack without unmolding it. Having no base, this is a very soft tart, we must serve it in portions once cold.
It is a perfect sweet to accompany English cream, custard or even a scoop of ice cream.
Here you have a step by step in photos where I show how to prepare this Swedish apple pie recipe . Do not miss any detail so that it comes out perfect.