- 70 minutes
- For 8 people
- € 0.9 / person
- 305kcal per 100g.
How to make a fluffy cheesecake . When the family gathers in Ourense, this cake cannot be missing, my mother’s classic baked cheese cake , which now triumphs in my house in Madrid.
This cheese cake has a touch of cheese souffle because it goes up a lot in the oven, so that it will come out of the mold but then it goes down and there is a fluffy texture that gives the cake a delicious touch.
I have replaced the original wheat flour with corn starch, making it suitable for celiacs , a gluten-free cake for everyone to enjoy. When the tests it is impossible not to repeat or take the recipe home.
From the last one there were not even the crumbs, if you like the taste of the cheese as it is not necessary to accompany it with jams or sauces, it is very juicy. I also add a citrus touch with lemon that goes very well with the cheese, which undoubtedly gives it an aromatic point improving its flavor.
You can take it hot or warm and it is a light cheesecake if you like it colder. A version of my mother’s cake that gains new flavor and nuances, imagination to power.
In this way we will complete the dessert recipes with our favorite cheesecakes, you can browse this easy cheesecake . I leave you with this cheese cake licking your fingers and one of the richest I know, it melts in your mouth when you take it and it has a very delicate flavor.
Assemble the egg whites. Preparation of the oven for the cake
- We choose the mold that you like the most, in this case I have decided on a square mold of 30 cm by 30 cm. We grease it with the butter and reserve.
- We preheat the oven to 160º C, heat up and down.
- We pour hot water into the oven tray (which will go in the middle of the oven). We let the water temperature stay with the heat of the oven, this cheese cake is made in a water bath, only the bottom of the cake but it is a similar process. The water should have a height of 1 cm. approximately, part is going to evaporate in the oven.
- We separate the whites from the yolks, we put each one in a clean and dry bowl, with no traces of fat.
- We are going to assemble egg whites, it is recommended that we use a kitchen robot or a mixer with rods, if you are not going to leave your arm in the attempt. In this video you can see how to assemble the egg whites to make meringue. It will serve as an explanation for you to get yummy.
Preparation of the base of the cheesecake
- In a large bowl, pour the reserved egg whites and assemble them together with 1 pinch of salt and the envelope of the gasifier (it is a white envelope of the pastry gasifier sold in Mercadona and other supermarkets).
- When they are almost assembled, gradually add the 50 g. sugar and continue beating. When they are practically ready, stop and reserve in the fridge.
- Put the cream cheese, butter and cream or milk cream in a large bowl. We beat until they are perfectly integrated.
- We add the cornmeal to the previous mixture together with the egg yolks, the rest of the white sugar and the zest of the lemon (without reaching the white part, which later makes the tart bitter). We put everything together very well, we can help ourselves with the mixer.
- Add the egg whites until stiff to the cheese mixture and remove with a spatula and with enveloping movements until everything is well combined, trying not to lower the egg whites much.
Baking the cheesecake and final presentation
- We pour into the greased and baked mold. We place it on the tray with the hot water in the middle of the oven. Temperature up and down, with air.
- Bake in a bain-marie for approximately 55 minutes. When there are 5 minutes of baking, click with a fork to see how the cake is going.
- We turn off the oven and leave the cake inside with the door ajar until the oven cools down a bit (approximately 5 minutes). You will see how the cake is lowered, do not be scared.
- Then we can unmold it, decorate by sprinkling the surface with icing sugar, using a strainer. It will be much richer the next day when it has been in the fridge for a few hours.
- A perfect recipe for a special occasion. Do not forget to serve it accompanied by raspberry jam or your favorite compote. Although the powdered sugar on top is perfect.
You can see in this step by step how to prepare this cheesecake recipe . Follow the photos and I assure you that it will be perfect the first time.