- 20 minutes
- For 4 people
- 1.2 € / person
How to make a fresh cheese salad with strawberries . A very easy recipe to prepare to enjoy on these summer weekends, you will surely like this salad. Not only because of his presentation but because of his preparation time, who doesn’t like to get home and have an incredible dinner ready in 10 minutes. A strawberry salad on a bed of fresh cheese, 100% Iberico acorn ham and a honey vinaigrette. One of those salads that come in through the eyes just as well as through the mouth.
- We wash the arugula and the lamb’s lettuces by removing possible remains of soil, a tip is to immerse them with water with a few drops of vinegar so that the soil is deposited at the bottom. We drain them and reserve. If they are bagged, this process is usually not necessary, although sometimes a tail must be removed.
- For the vinaigrette add to a blender glass the olive oil, the vinegar, a tablespoon of honey, salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. We emulsify until we have a well-bound vinaigrette and reserve for the final assembly.
- Helping us with a 12cm plating ring, place a bottom with the cheese in the center of a plate, shaping it with a spoon. We wash the strawberries very well, cut the green part and cut them in half. We are placing them around hooking them on the cheese.
- In the hole that is in the center we put the leaves of arugula and canons (you can change it for any green leaf). We water with a little vinaigrette and on top we put the ham cut into fine pieces. We drop some pumpkin seeds and sesame.
- Carefully remove the ring and drop a few more drops of vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately. I hope you like it.
To toast the sesame (in case you don’t buy it already roasted) it is put in the oven at an average temperature of 150º for about 15 minutes, it is important that it does not turn brown since it would then be bitter. Once we take it out of the oven the sesame continues to roast so the best thing is to put it in a cold container and put it in the fridge. In a few minutes you will have toasted sesame for this recipe or others in which you use these seeds. You can even grind them in a coffee grinder, 2 seconds and use the resulting pasta (homemade tahini) for a hummus, sauces or even this same vinaigrette that we have prepared with honey.