- 60 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 0.9 / person
- 278kcal per 100g.
How to make a homemade yogurt ice cream .
It seems that in the last two years Frozen yogurt has become fashionable in Spain, every summer I find more and more shops specialized in this type of ice cream.
They say it is a much healthier dessert recipe than classic ice cream, just as appetizing and fun but with less fat and calories. They speak so well of it that I have decided to prepare it at home.
The result is much better than the industrial one, more than good, I assure you that it will not be the last time I prepare it.
The homemade ice creams that you will find on the blog are to put an altar on them. You will find from the delicious chocolate ice cream , the classic vanilla ice cream , the hazelnut ice cream or the one you like the most at home, the nougat ice cream .
The base of this ice cream is almost 80% Greek yogurt, the rest is fruit, in this recipe I have decided on a luxurious accompaniment: raspberries . I have incorporated them directly into the yogurt and topped it with a coulis of berries.
A frozen dairy flavor, with all the flavor of a creamy yogurt along with the acidity of the berries, a great, winning combination, I’d say.
Preparation of the Frozen Yogurt base
- We put the sugary yogurts in a bowl and the two types of sugar, the vanilla and the white.
- If you can’t find sugary yogurts, you can use regular yogurts or buy the Greek ones without sugar. Although you will have to add twice the sugar to the recipe.
- We mix with a few rods or a simple fork until it stays like a cream, they have to come together well, you can test to see if the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour the cream into a container suitable for the freezer and leave it in the fridge for an hour.
- When we make the ice cream without a fridge, my recommendation is to put it in the freezer for another hour of rest.
- We remove from the freezer. We beat the mixture vigorously with the manual or electric rods to break possible ice crystals.
- Since they can be formed despite the fat that Greek yogurts have.
- We set aside 50 g of the raspberries that we have reserved to make the coulis. We cut them in half and add them to the cream. Well distributed, so that there are pieces throughout the ice cream.
Frozen and preparation of Frozen Yogurt
- We put the mixture back in the freezer. We are reviewing it and beating it every 30-45 minutes for 2 or 3 hours. This step is important so that the final texture of the ice cream is as creamy as possible.
- If you do not want to use normal Greek yogurts now they sell some low fat.
- I imagine that if we use them the final texture of the ice cream will be lighter. Remember that the times indicated in the freezing process are indicative. They will depend on the power of your freezer, the container you use and the amount of ice cream you make.
- When the ice cream has enough consistency, add alternate layers of yogurt ice cream and raspberry sauce to the final container. Or the one with red fruits that you like the most, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, … even cherries.
- Run a knife a couple of times to mix the yogurt with the sauce, cover it and keep it in the freezer.
Preparation of the forest fruit coulis
Coulis is a concentrated juice that is obtained by filtering a puree of vegetables or fruits with a fine strainer or a Chinese one.
- We put in a saucepan to boil the water with the sugar and stir for 10 minutes until it is well diluted.
- When a syrup-like water begins to form, add the raspberries. It can also be done with the fruits of the forest that we have chosen: blueberries, currants, strawberries … and lemon juice. We leave over low heat about 5 minutes.
- Then we have 2 options. Well we leave it as it is as I like the most (the fruit is seen). Or we crush it with the mixer and strain it.
- If you crush it to make it creamy, you have to boil it again in the saucepan. Stir until thick.
- Leave some liquid because if it thickens a lot in the cold it is almost like a jam and we want to use it as a cream.
- In the 2 options let cool. We generously add to frozen yogurt.
Ice cream presentation
- When you go to serve the frozen, remove it from the freezer ten minutes before so that it recovers the creamy texture.
- We present in a wafer or chocolate cone. In a good glass, in wafer tulips … with two scoops of ice cream and the raspberry coulis.
Delicious for summer or any date of the year.
Tips for a yummy yogurt ice cream
- In addition, this frozen dessert is made without a refrigerator, it is not necessary since the final texture depends on the type of yogurt you use.
- I recommend Greek yogurts because their higher fat content gives the ice cream a creamier texture, but with traditional yogurts it also comes out very rich, you have no excuse not to prepare it at home.
- Fruit coulis are mainly used in desserts. Raspberry coulis , for example, is especially popular for decorating and perfuming ice creams, creams, pies, or roasted apples.
- The truth is that you can tune the recipe with the fruit that you like the most: strawberries, peaches, mango pieces, orange … and if you like sweet toppings, the chocolate syrups, muesli, sesame seeds, walnuts, hazelnuts will do great. , cookie pieces, chocolate droplets, conguitos, lacasitos …
- Remember that at home we can prepare incredible ice creams using simple products such as base, milk, cream, sugar and eggs, and from these prepare ice creams of almost any flavor, chocolate , hazelnut , nougat , … Imagination to power.