- 80 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 2 / person
- 358kcal per 100g.
How to prepare some macaroni gratin with Bolognese sauce .
I already wanted this delicious pasta recipe . The Bolognese sauce combines perfectly with most pasta.
Accompanying some simple spaghetti or macaroni we create a first class dish. On the blog I already have the authentic recipe for Italian Bolognese sauce , which is prepared without haste and with affection.
To be strict, it would take us more than 2 hours to prepare it, but for this dish with macaroni we will make an “express” version.
You can apply this same recipe to other types of pasta, the one that you like the most at any time.
In my case I have chosen some Garofalo macaroons, the Penne Ziti Rigate , the most classic of its short pasta range. In addition to the great contribution of flavor of the Bolognese, to finish off the task, we will give it a touch in the oven, gratin with grated cheese. The result could not be more delicious.
I still remember the macaroni with minced meat and tomato that we prepared in the student flat, during the university days in Santiago de Compostela.
It tasted like blessed glory to us, but you have to evolve and this recipe is clearly something much richer. Of those it was about eating something delicious and that it did not take too long to cook.
If you are one of those who take food to work in a taper, these macaroni gratins are a good option. With a heat stroke in the micro, the cheese will melt again and the dish will come to life again, as if we were at home.
Preparation of the gratin macaroni with Bolognese sauce.
- Chop the onion, carrots and celery in “brunoise” (small dice). The fresh bacon, we remove the part of the skin, and we also dice it.
- In a large frying pan with extra virgin olive oil, fry the bacon 5 minutes over medium heat. So that it browns and releases fat. We withdraw and reserve. In the same pan, add the vegetables, mix and cook for 10 minutes. We salt to taste.
- Now we add the meat, which we help to crumble with a wooden spoon. Little by little it will unravel and it will be easier to cook. Season with salt and pepper to taste. When it begins to take color, we incorporate the bacon and mix.
- Chop the parsley very fine, about 2 tablespoons, and toss it in the pan. If you like oregano, at this point you could also add a little, to taste. Let’s pour the wine. We cook 5 minutes so that the alcohol evaporates.
- Finally it is the turn of the fried tomato. We pour it and mix well, so that it is evenly distributed. We continue on medium heat, and cook 30/35 minutes. As I said, it is an “express” Bolognese. We monitor from time to time so that the pan does not run out of liquid.
Cooking the pasta. Final presentation of macaroni
- Made the sauce, turn off the heat and let it rest. While we are going to make the pasta, it will take us little time.
- For it to be “al dente”, normally in the case of macaroni, it usually takes 6 to 8 minutes. Look at the time indicated by the manufacturer.
- We put plenty of water to boil (3 liters). When it comes to a boil, add 30 gr. of salt.
- Let it boil again and add the macaroni there. We cook the necessary time so that they are al dente.
- Drain the macaroni. We transfer them to a baking dish and add the Bolognese sauce. We mix well.
- At the top, sprinkle with the grated cheese, so that the entire surface is covered.
- Gratin 5 minutes in the oven, in the grill function. Even the cheese is well melted, but without burning.
- Keep an eye on your oven, as it can rush too much. Remove from the oven and serve hot on the table.
A forceful dish, full of flavor and that will surely conquer you. For me it already rivals my beloved macaroni and cheese , another of my favorite recipes. I hope you like them and repeat the recipe with other types of pasta.
You can see all the step-by-step photos of the recipe for these gratin macaroni in this album.