- 40 minutes
- For 6 people
- 0.4 € / person
- 320kcal per 100g.
How to make spaghetti with pate and vegetables.
Today I present to you a famous recipe from my student days, spaghetti with paté , perhaps a little more elaborate but essentially the same as always.
Menus in the university days used to be reduced to sausages, eggs, some vegetables, fried tomato, cans of preserves, some meat, pasta and rice (I think I do not forget anything on the supermarket list on Monday).
With these ingredients and imagination we made the most delicious dishes at an unbeatable price. Opening the fridge and saying “today we prepare …” gives you the best tables in the kitchen. That’s the skill we cook every day, you can improvise a recipe from the ingredients you find by taking a look at the fridge.
It varies from the original recipe that the pasta is whole and that it has many more vegetables. We have used a long wholegrain pasta from Garofalo , the Spaguetti Integrali which are made with durum wheat semolina with a rough surface that helps to grip the sauce well.
I hope you like it and that you try it at home, I assure you that it is delicious.
Preparation of the sauce with pate and vegetables
- Chop the onions and bell pepper. Add oil to the casserole and sauté the onion and bell pepper over low heat for about 10 minutes until golden.
- We also chop the carrots and zucchini into small pieces.
- We introduce in the casserole and let it pass well for another 10 minutes. We season the vegetables.
- We remove the skin from the tomatoes and cut them into 4 parts, in my case they were small, if they are bigger in 6 pieces.
- We add them to the casserole and let the sauce cook for 10 more minutes.
- When the sauce is thick we add half a jar of pate (to taste) and stir with a spoon so that the flavors come together.
- We rectify salt and pepper and reduce the juice a little, 5 more minutes. We reserve.
Spaghetti cooking and final presentation
- Heat a liter of water for every 100 g of spaghetti in a large saucepan.
- 100 grams is the recommended measure per person, except if we are passionate about pasta.
- When it starts to boil add 2 generous handfuls of salt.
- Next we add the pasta. Stir with a wooden spoon so that the spaghetti does not stick and are loose.
- Once the 8 minutes have elapsed, drain the pasta immediately and we will achieve what is called pasta “al dente” or at its right point, that is, it does not pass.
- Gently remove the sauce and add the spaghetti that we have just cooked. We decorate each plate with a little oregano and serve them fresh.
Depending on the budget you can add some meat, of course it is tastier.
It is a very simple dish and with ingredients that we usually have in the fridge. You will tell me …