- 45 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 1.5 / person
- 270kcal per 100g.
How to make macaroni and curry.
This dish is very simple and has that perfect touch without going overboard with the soft curry that accompanies the pasta , in this case, macaroni.
Every so often I usually make a very rich chicken curry and then I usually take advantage of the leftovers to accompany pasta or rice.
You already know my passion for curry and of course on the blog you have a lot of recipes with curry, which for me is addictive.
My mother-in-law Pilar’s famous curry meatballs , chicken with curry vegetables and mustard , a great pumpkin cream and its touch of curry or a recipe similar to this but with a touch of citrus, vegetables and prawns … you see that It will be for recipes of this type.
Some of the spice mixes in India are called Sambhar, El Gahram, Masala … each region has its own type of mix.
Generally curry dishes are accompanied by white basmati rice , although it does not even paint pasta dishes, as in this case.
If you want to make it more exotic, you can season your recipe with chopped nuts, raisins, pieces of natural pineapple, grated coconut, some mango chutney … imagination to power.
This pasta recipe is very easy and quite inexpensive, perhaps the most successful for the tuppers we prepare for work.
In this case the curry that I have used is soft, it is typical that you buy in the supermarket and it comes in powder. And for pasta, macaroni or penne ziti rigate (the small format of Pasta Garofalo) that gives us such a good result.
I hope you like it and cheer up with it, it will not leave you indifferent.
Preparation of meat curry sauce
- Peel the garlic cloves and fillet them finely. We reserve
- Chop the onions into julienne strips. Add extra virgin olive oil to the casserole and fry the garlic, when they are golden brown, add the onion and cook over low heat, until it is colored. It would be about 10 minutes.
- Chop the carrots and bell pepper into small pieces (to be done earlier).
- We introduce in the casserole and let it pass well.
- Season the chicken and pork meat (this is a very juicy mixture, but you can make the typical mixture of beef and pork) to taste and add it to the casserole with the vegetables. We let it go a little, with about 5 minutes they arrive.
- Sprinkle everything with 2 generous tablespoons of curry and a little cayenne (I like them a little spicy but you know, always to taste).
- We remove everything carefully with a wooden spoon.
- We pour a little water (1/4 of a glass of water) and rectify salt and pepper.
- We remove everything gently and leave to cook for 5 more minutes.
Preparation of fine macaroni
I present you some easy steps so that the pasta is perfect for you. It is not that it is especially difficult but everything has its little tricks, ” simple … ma non troppo” that the Italians would say (Easy, but not entirely).
Before continuing I leave you with 2 basic rules to eat the best pasta: Cooking al dente and that the diner must wait for the pasta on the table and never vice versa, you must eat it steaming, freshly made.
- The first step is to have the sauce ready before the pasta touches the water. The sauce should always wait for the macaroni and not the other way around.
- We heat in a saucepan a liter of water for every 100 g of pasta, it is the recommended measure per person.
- These proportions, which are normally indicated on the packaging, help the paste not stick together. And always try to use a large casserole, the largest in your kitchen.
- If you cook pasta many times it will be very useful to buy a casserole for those occasions, a good investment.
- When it begins to boil in spurts we add 1 generous handful of salt, about 2 level tablespoons for every 500 grams of pasta.
- Then we add the pasta, always all together. We remove with a wooden spoon so that the spirals do not stick and are loose.
- On the back of the package comes the cooking time, we must be guided by these instructions because for each type it is different, in this case it is 12 minutes.
- So we will get what is called pasta “al dente” or at its right point, that is, it does not pass, although a great tip is to try it almost at the end just in case the package deceives us.
- Once the time has elapsed we drain it immediately and combine it with the sauce.
- I have read in many blogs that when draining we must wash the pasta in cold water, I warn you that it should not .
- When the pasta cooking stops completely, the outer layer of the pasta closes again.
- Therefore, you should never wash the pasta with cold water, if we do we will lose the possibility of that integration between pasta and sauce and what we will have is simply an accompaniment.
Presentation of the dish
- We add the freshly made macaroni to the curry sauce and mix everything with a spoon so that the flavors come together.
- We decorate each dish with a little finely chopped oregano, which is a luxury for this dish.
A simple and quick dish to make, yummy. Do not stop trying it and you will tell me …