- 35 minutes
- For 4 people
- 4.8 € / person
- 290kcal per 100g.
- · ·
How to make a seafood salad
When we talk about Russian salad, we usually think of the salad that is eaten at home, to our liking.
But this dish, so popular in all the bars and restaurants in Spain, admits many variations because we can add innumerable different ingredients, in this case with a sea-like air, since it has prawns, hake and salmon.
A seafood salad similar to the traditional one but where the main ingredients will be seafood, along with potatoes, carrots and peas.
A very soft salad, perfect as a starter or even as a single dish.
Do you dare this summer to prepare our seafood salad?
Cooking of potatoes, eggs and carrots.
- We wash the potatoes and carrot with plenty of water and put them to cook in a sufficiently large casserole, without peeling. We add a handful of salt.
- Since they have different cooking times we are checking the point of the carrot so that it does not pass us.
- Remove from the heat, drain and let them cool.
- We cook the eggs for 7-8 minutes. We cool them under the tap with cold water and let them temper before peeling and reserving them. Then we finely chop to later add to the salad.
Cooked prawns and hake
- Meanwhile, if the prawns are not cooked we put another casserole with water on the fire.
- When it boils add a pinch of salt and the prawns that we let cook for a couple of minutes, if the time is longer it will be very difficult to peel them.
- We remove the prawns from the water where they have cooked and remove the head and peel them carefully so as not to undo them.
- We cut the prawns into pieces of 1 or 2 centimeters.
- When they have tempered, we remove the skin to the carrot and the potatoes. We chop everything into small pieces.
- In the same saucepan where we have cooked the prawns, cook the hake for 10 minutes. We remove from the water, temper and crumble. We reserve.
- The water where we have cooked the prawns and hake we are going to save it for other recipes. It is a perfect fish broth for a stew, croquettes, fish soup. We can let it cool and freeze for another time. Don’t you throw it away.
Mix and final presentation of the seafood salad
- In a bowl we toss the chopped potato, the prawns, the hake, the cooked eggs, finely chopped, a large part of the carrot and almost all the peas (the rest will serve to decorate the salad).
- On the other hand we have canned tuna or bonito . The quality of the tuna is essential to get a delicious seafood salad. In this case we have opted for natural tuna because we are not going to make a vinaigrette. We just have to drain well and add to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
- The richer the tuna, the richer the salad.
- We also add half of the mayonnaise and stir everything carefully using a wooden spoon. We correct salt if necessary.
- We pass the mixture to a source, we cover it with the rest of the mayonnaise using a spoon or a spatula.
- Decorate with the carrot and peas that we have reserved. And as soon as it is cool, perfect for summer.
Be sure to enjoy the fantastic salads that we have on the blog. You can see all the step by step photos of the shrimp salad recipe in this album.
Tips for a yummy seafood salad
- If you want to give it a green and aromatic touch, we chop a little bit of chives on top of your salad.
- Don’t forget that before enjoying this classic starter, it should be chilled for at least an hour in the fridge. Covered with a transparent film to prevent it from drying out.
- And it is important that if you leave it in the fridge, remember that it has egg, fish and mayonnaise. Risk factors in hot weather.
- Let us not forget to serve it accompanied by a bowl with more mayonnaise in case someone wants to give it an even tastier touch.