- 45 minutes
- For 2 persons
- 3.4 € / person
- 290kcal per 100g.
How to make salty pancakes with vegetables.
The crepes or crepes were born in French Brittany with the name of krampouezh , and from there they spread throughout the world.
How you will see on the blog, adopting differences in the composition of the dough and in the ingredients that accompany them, which can be sweet or salty .
The pancakes for example are a variant with a fluffier dough and, yes, these almost always have sweet accompaniment.
The main ingredient in a crepe is wheat flour, although it can also be made with buckwheat flour, mixed with milk and eggs.
The variety is the taste, so I encourage you to prepare this recipe but I also advise you to try, for example, the crepes of ham or Ficelle Picarde , the Christmas version of the truffle crepes with hake or the simple crepes stuffed with chicken .
And for dessert, the sweet versions such as the traditional Suzette crêpes , the Palatschinken or crepes filled with chocolate and banana or the delicious chocolate crêpes .
As for the crêpes accompaniments, you have seen several ideas, but we can choose from a good number of ingredients. Using pancakes as a base for a good breakfast or to start a lunch or dinner.
In today’s recipe we are going to fill them with a delicious mixture of vegetables, cooked ham and cream cheese , achieving a delicious first or second and perfect for lunch or dinner.
Preparation of the dough to make the crêpes
- We take a large bowl and sift the flour with the help of a strainer. We crack the eggs on the flour.
- Mix with a stick mixer. Add a pinch of salt and melted butter and continue beating.
- We are pouring the milk little by little while continuing to beat.
- Strain the dough to make sure it is not lumpy, sprinkle freshly ground black pepper and a little chopped parsley.
- We cover with transparent film and let stand at least half an hour.
Preparation of the filling for the pancakes
- While the dough rests we prepare the filling. We wash all the vegetables and peel the carrot. We chop them all very very fine, into pieces as small as possible.
- Poach the vegetables in a frying pan with a jet of extra virgin olive oil, season with salt and pepper, add a teaspoon of paprika. We mix very well and cover the pan.
- We cook everything together for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally and covering again until the vegetables are done.
- Meanwhile we chop the cooked ham into very very small pieces.
- When the vegetables are tender we uncover them, add the cooked ham.
- We raise the heat and stir very well until the flavors are mixed and the water has evaporated.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the cream cheese. We remove with a silicone spatula or with a wooden spoon until we have a uniform mixture. We reserve.
Crepes preparation and final presentation
- When the dough has rested, place a frying pan over medium-high heat, spread the base with a little butter (or olive oil).
- We put a large tablespoon of dough in the pan and move it until it covers the entire base.
- Let it cook for about a minute or until it starts to bubble, then turn it over and repeat until you have a well-made crepe.
- We are reserving the pancakes on a plate until the dough is exhausted.
- When they are all done, we spread each crepe on a plate, add a couple of tablespoons of dough and roll up the dough.
A very complete and nutritious dish, which is also very fun to cook … And to eat!
You can see all the step by step photos of this recipe for pancakes filled with vegetables in this album.
Tips for perfect savory pancakes with vegetables
- If you want to prepare the vegetarian version , it is very easy, you just have to remove the ham and you will enjoy a delicious menu.
- We have to use a non-stick frying pan and a good skimmer, as flat as possible, to make sure that the pancakes come out perfect.
- We can use more or less dough to make each crepe, normally the first one does not work as well as the others, but from it we can adjust the quantity and the fire so that the others do not burn and are the thickness that we like the most.
- Occasionally it is important to spread the pan again so that the dough does not stick.
- When serving the crepes, we cut each into two pieces so that the filling is visible and to make eating them easier.