- 15 minutes
- For 4 people
- 1.1 € / person
- 245kcal per 100g.
How to make a salad with ham curry . At home we eat salad recipes almost daily and try to vary as much as possible so that they are as original as they are appetizing.
Today’s salad is going to have a place in yummy recipes. A slightly more elaborate recipe, with a delicious flavor given by the vinaigrette and that soft touch of the ham curry batter. The good thing about salads is not only eating healthy and light, but you can also make salad from almost anything. Think carefully about what ingredient we can mix to achieve surprising flavors. You can find a great variety of salads on the blog that have been successful all over the world.
As in a free-range salad , the famous Waldorf salad or the international Caesar salad , the freshness and quality of the ingredients are the differentiating point: with sardines, cod, citrus, sweet fruits such as mango or peach, season with a consistent vinaigrette or super light … All the ingredients are important, just like every musician has his place in an orchestra, but you have to pay special attention to the oil and vinegar.
There are many oils and in Spain of the best quality, Little by little I will explain why use a hojiblanca oil, an empeltre or a cornicabra. The same goes for vinegar, I love vinegar, I am not exaggerating if I tell you that in my kitchen I have about 8 different types. And the right combination of these 2 ingredients makes a recipe come out 10 or 12 points.
Preparation of the vinaigrette
Vinaigrette sauce is one of the most international and versatile sauces that exist. This basic and tasty sauce has been used for many years to dress and flavor salads. The proportions will depend on the taste of each one, the type of oil, vinegar and ingredients used can change the intensity of the flavor. You can make this classic tomato, pepper and onion that I recommend or tune it as you like, with mustard, soy, garlic, parsley, pickles …
- We wash the red and green peppers very well. Peel the onion and the tomatoes.
- Finely chop in a mincer or by hand with a good knife. It is very important that everything is very fine. We reserve it in a bowl or the same bowl of the mixer.
- In a glass add a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper. We introduce the oil and vinegars and stir vigorously until it is linked. Add this sauce to the vegetables and stir gently until well mixed. We reserve until the plating.
- A tip: We can flavor with a garlic clove or a tablespoon of mustard. In this case I added a tablespoon of honey that goes very well with the flavor of the ham curry.
Which vinegar for which oil? As the name suggests, the main ingredient in the vinaigrette is vinegar. To attenuate its acid flavor, we add oil and a little salt. In the end, there is usually more oil than vinegar in the mix.
- Recommended vinegars: wine, sherry, raspberry, apple, balsamic, Modena, tarragon, shallot, … Keep in mind that balsamic and raspberry vinegars accompany tomatoes very well and that sherry practically goes with everything.
- Recommended oils: sunflower oils have a more neutral flavor, hazelnut or walnut are highly perfumed. But the recommended ones and for me the best ones: those of virgin olive, Picual, empletre, hojiblanca, manzanilla cacereña or a good cornicabra. We must take advantage of the variety of our land and our olive trees.
- Once the vinaigrette is made, all that remains is to prepare the curry ham.
- We cut the ham into large blocks, 1 cm x 1 cm, approximately the same size.
- We put a casserole with water to boil and when it is very hot add the ham. We cook about 10 minutes to remove some of the salt. If you don’t have Serrano ham at home, you can use York ham, turkey breast or chicken. It will do just as well, although it will be smoother.
- Beat the egg, add the curry and mix well. In a plate we place the breadcrumbs and ready to coat.
- Add virgin olive oil to a frying pan and heat.
- We remove the ham and coat first in egg and then in breadcrumbs. We introduce in the pan and let it brown. Remove with a slotted spoon to a plate with absorbent paper. We reserve for the assembly of the salad.
- We wash the lamb’s lettuce and other vegetables and drain well. Although these salads are usually sold in plastic bags that have already been washed, I recommend, however, to wash them again in water before preparing the salad. Place them on a large plate, in this individual case.
- We assemble the salad with the previous ingredients, the salad leaves at the bottom of the plate, add the vinaigrette and on top the ham. And enjoy!
Here you have a fresh and exquisite salad, you see that a simple bouquet of lamb’s lettuce adds personality to any dish and originality. Remember that you can find many more salads in the recipes for yummy salads .
A perfect recipe to include in your weekly menu. Here you have a step by step in photos where I show how to prepare this recipe for ham curry salad . Do not miss any detail so that it comes out perfect.