- 70 minutes
- For 8 people
- 0.4 € / person
- 325kcal per 100g.
How to make apple and donut pudding .
Has Roscón de Reyes left over and you do not know what to do with it because it has become dry and unappetizing?
Well, do not even think about throwing it away because today we explain how to prepare a dessert recipe with which, in addition to enjoying the beautiful, we avoid wasting food.
It is a delicious dessert in the form of a Roscón de Reyes and apple pudding and with which we are going to say goodbye to Christmas in an original way. The #OperationRoscón is over until next Christmas.
The base of this pudding is the Roscón de Reyes, but it can also be prepared with similar buns such as Panettone , Pandoro , Bolo Rei , etc.
Any bun works, really, although the nuances of flavor will be different. To this we add apple and dried fruit with which to enrich the dough and combine all the ingredients with a mixture of egg and milk.
PUDDING King cake and apple reminiscent of other desserts that have prepared earlier, pudding apple , the bread pudding and nuts , delicious chocolate pudding , our pudding cookies that brings us back to childhood or chilled pudding strawberries and banana , among others.
And, as you can see, we are fans of the kitchen of use.
Preparation of the Roscón de Reyes and apple pudding
- In a deep bowl, beat the eggs together with the sugar and milk. We reserve.
- We remove the frosted fruits and the possible rolled almonds from the roscón. We clean the first few traces of sugar, cut into strips and reserve for the moment of serving the pudding.
- We slice the roscón and then cut each sheet into three or four pieces. We place in a baking dish.
- Peel the apple, remove the seeds (discard them) and cut into cubes. We spread on the roscón, mixing with the fingers so that it integrates well between the pieces of crumb.
- Add the raisins, the chopped hazelnuts and the egg, milk and sugar mixture, ensuring that the roscón is soaked everywhere.
- Let it rest for 15-20 minutes so that all the ingredients are well integrated.
Baking the pudding and final presentation
- Meanwhile we turn on in the oven and pre-heat at 180º C, up and down, with traditional heat (without air).
- Before introducing in the oven we spread the almond in sticks on the surface and sprinkle with a little white sugar. The latter is optional, although we love doing it because the sugar caramelizes with the heat of the oven and forms a thin crunchy layer on the surface.
- We cook for 30 minutes. If we see that the surface begins to brown excessively, cover with aluminum foil to prevent it from burning.
- We remove and let stand a few minutes before sprinkling with icing sugar.
We serve with the frosted fruits that we have reserved and, if you want and we have it at hand, a thread of liquid caramel.
Here you have a step by step in photos where I show how to prepare this recipe for apple and roscón pudding. Do not miss any detail so that you get a perfect pudding.
Tips for a Roscón de Reyes Pudding and a delicious apple
- Rest before baking is great for this Roscón de Reyes pudding because the crumb is soaked well before baking, although it is not strictly necessary.
- If we are in a hurry we can save the 30 minutes indicated in the recipe and put the source in the oven directly.
- The apple can be cut into thin slices or into small pieces. The smaller the size, the softer it will be and the more it will amalgamate with the pieces of crumb from the roscón.
- If we have time we can make an English cream with which to sprinkle the Roscón de Reyes and apple pudding at the time of serving. The combination is winning.
- Leftover pudding can be stored in the fridge, in a tightly closed container, and consumed the next day. Although in the recipe we indicate serving freshly baked, it is also delicious cold.