- 40 minutes
- For 8 people
- 0.8 € / person
- 305kcal per 100g.
How to make pancakes stuffed with applesauce . This sweet recipe for pancakes are stuffed with applesauce , tempered and with a sweet touch of icing sugar.
This weekend I prepared a dessert for friends that never fails, pancakes .
They had never tried pancakes before and they asked me the difference with the crepes of French Brittany. Unlike these in Galicia, pancakes are never made with wholemeal flour or served with eggs, sausages … although we can find their salty version, the ones prepared with broth, as in the past .
Galician pancakes can be prepared with broth water although these are with milk, even so the tradition is to take them sweet. The frixuelos, Freixos (thick pancake over 3 ml) , marrucho or pancakes are Gallego favorite dessert. They can take as many forms as you can imagine.
In this recipe we make the pancakes with milk but the typical and authentic pancakes are with broth , and in the Matanza festival we will find them in the towns with the blood of pigs. Yes, I know it sounds it sounds a little bad but you have to try them, they are delicious.
In Peñalba, the rock of my town in Ourense where my parents are enrolled, celebrate Carnival by tasting a meal all together for these dates with Galician empanadas, sausage of slaughter and Galician stew as a main dish finishing off with typical desserts of these dates. Everything watered by good wines from the Ribeira Sacra and homemade coffee liquor , which my father Suso does so well.
For dessert these milk pancakes or Álvaro Cunqueiro told us: “For Tuesday lardeiro, apart from the pancakes , they make flowers and orellas, with flour dough, eggs . ”
Preparation of the pancakes
- The paste-cream is quite easy to prepare. In a bowl we pour the milk, the flour, a pinch of salt, the eggs and the zest of a lemon. Mix everything with the mixer without lumps.
- Let it rest for an hour so that it finishes thickening due to the action of the flour, although the cream must be loose.
- In a frying pan with a good base where the food does not stick, sprinkle with a few drops of olive oil. The most traditional pancakes have to be with pork bacon.
- When it is hot, add the pasta so that it covers the entire bottom, only just enough, so that they are fine.
- We have it on high heat for about 10 seconds and turn it over with a fork.
- If the fork is not good for you, you can use the trick of turning the pan with a plate as if it were a potato omelette. As you get more practical, it will no longer be necessary.
- The first pancake is usually eaten by the cook or we throw it away because the pan is taking heat and it does not look good.
- Every time we take a pancake out of the pan we must add a few drops of oil again. We are removing them on a plate (we can roll them up, make them a handkerchief or leave them as is). We reserve.
- Fill with the applesauce. We fold into a handkerchief so that the filling does not spill. We microwave all together for 3 minutes at high temperature. Sprinkle with a little icing sugar and present one per plate, they are forceful.
Preparation of applesauce
- Compote is a very simple and easy recipe, base and accompaniment for many other recipes.
- We wash, peel, core and cut the red apples into quarters, not very large pieces. We add them to a bowl with cold water and juice of half a lemon.
- We put the sugar with the brandy in a saucepan and prepare the syrup. It is important that it does not burn us, it does not have to be caramel, just a light syrup as the base of the compote.
- The syrup will take us approximately 4-5 minutes over medium heat. When it begins to thicken and make bubbles add the apple pieces and sprinkle with the juice of half a lemon.
- We remove everything with a wooden spoon and mix very well.
- Let the apple begin to release water and cook for half an hour over medium heat. Always without stopping stirring.
- In this cooking we can add a little cinnamon that gives it a lot of aroma and some flavor or vanilla essence.
- We crush the compote with a mixer and we already have the puree.
- The compote can be taken warm or cold, as you like.
In this case it is warm because I have given it a microwave touch so that the pancakes are hot.
If you still do not have it clear, I leave you a step by step in photos of this recipe for pancakes stuffed with applesauce . Do not miss any detail and they will be perfect.