- 30 minutes
- For 8 people
- 0.25 € / person
Surely many of you know pancakes as the classic American breakfast. Pancakes , pancakes or pancakes , with a kind of crepe , saving the distances, which is made in the same way, heating portions of the pasta of its ingredients in a pan. It is a mixture of milk, flour and yeast that is mixed and fried with butter. Said like this, anyone would think that it is not too far from the Galician carnival pancakes or the French crepes , but the truth is that they have nothing to do with it. They are very fluffy pancakes with a touch of butter that provides a totally different flavor. On the blog you will find various types of pancakes, the Irish and Americans certainly succeed, but today’s, I assure you, are the best.
Although it is the USA they are traditionally eaten for breakfast, I have prepared them for a snack. The traditional thing is to serve them well dipped in maple syrup, which today is relatively easy to get in large commercial areas, and topped with a piece of butter that will melt with the residual heat of the pancakes. In any case, I have taken the liberty of substituting maple syrup for Galician honey, it is not exactly the same but it is a perfect accompaniment. In addition to these ingredients, they can be accompanied by blueberries, raspberries, walnuts, or apples , all added to the pan together with the dough at the time of frying each portion. Despite not being a precisely light dish, I encourage you to prepare this sweet at home, it is really good and it will be delicious as a snack for children and not so children.
Preparation of the pancakes
- In a bowl we mix the dry ingredients, the flour, bicarbonate, sugar and salt. We reserve.
- In a cup, mix the milk with a splash of lemon juice and let it rest for 15 minutes. This is the way to prepare a homemade buttermilk.
- In another bowl we combine the beaten eggs, the buttermilk, the melted butter and the vanilla extract. We incorporate the dry ingredients and, with a rod, we incorporate the liquids. It is very important that we do not beat the mixture too much, it is about integrating them but it is not necessary to try to eliminate all the lumps. If we beat it excessively, the pancakes will be too hard.
- In a small frying pan, heat a little oil. When it is hot we add a ladle of the pancake mix, starting to pour it through the center and leaving the dough itself to be redistributed in the pan.
- It is important that we regulate the temperature up or down during the entire pancake frying process, if the dough does not curdle when added to the pan it will be too cold and if, on the contrary, the lower part burns before they appear bubbles on top, it will be too hot.
- When we see bubbles appear on the top of the pancake it is time to turn it over with a spatula. We cook the pancake on the other side for 30 or 40 seconds and remove.
- We can add to the dough once we pour it in the pan some type of fresh fruits, blueberries, raspberries, they will be perfect as an accompaniment.
We serve the pancakes on top of each other making a tower, bathed in honey and with a nut of butter that will melt with the heat of freshly cooked pancakes, a delicious snack. As an alternative we can substitute honey for chocolate cream or Nutella, great!
For those of you who mess with the topic of measurements (topic tablespoon or teaspoon dessert) I leave you with the equivalences to grams or ml. more common:
- 1 tablespoon is about 7 grams of flour / 19 grs. of salt / 10 grams of sugar / 10 grams of yeast / 8 grams of oil / 15 ml of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon (dessert type) is 3 grams of flour / 5 grams of salt / 5 grams of sugar / 3 grams of yeast / 4 grams of oil / 8 ml. vanilla extract
Be sure to enjoy all the yummy sweets in our dessert recipes , I assure you that you will find a lot of ideas to make yours much happier. You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.