- 60 minutes
- For 4 people
- 1.8 € / person
- 325kcal per 100g.
How to make a puff pastry braid filled with meat . Today’s is a recipe with meat to look good, ideal for a dinner with friends.
It seems to me that it is very cool to form a braid with the puff pastry, and it is also quite simple. This meat braid recipe allows us to take advantage of the leftovers that we have at home, what we have left from a stew or a baked chicken , accompanied by a vegetable sauce, as I have done, it becomes a fun and very delicious dish. lucid.
But there are other alternatives to sautéed vegetables as an accompaniment to meat. With caramelized onion, nuts, cheeses of all kinds, sausages, bechamel sauce … the options are many and the perfect result in all cases. It is the simple and humble version of the wellington sirloin , so fill a puff pastry and cook it in the oven. An option to prepare something nice and tasty to impress without spending big jobs.
The only handicap that can be presented to us is to prepare the dough by hand or use the already prepared ones that we can get on almost any large area. Of course, a homemade puff pastry is a luxury, but if what we have is little time to cook and we want to make a successful dish, I am of the opinion that the option to buy the dough is valid, the result will continue to be yummy.
Preparation of the filling for the puff pastry
- Chop the onion, peppers, carrots and garlic into small pieces. We reserve.
- In a large skillet, heat 4 or 5 tablespoons of olive oil and add the chopped onion and garlic. Let it begin to brown for 5 minutes.
- Add the red and green peppers and the carrot and continue to fry the vegetables for 15 more minutes.
- Add the minced meat and fry with the rest of the vegetables for 10 minutes.
- We pour the wine and let it evaporate to the alcohol. Salt and add the oregano.
- While we cook the meat, blanch the tomato to remove the skin easily. Chop the tomato and add to the pan, leaving the whole to cook for another 7-10 minutes.
Preparation of the puff pastry braid stuffed with meat
- We extend the puff pastry keeping the baking paper that it already brings in the package itself.
- Making an imaginary division of the dough into three parts, we keep the entire central part and cut the two sides making strips of 2 cm. wide obliquely.
- We place meat filling in the central part of the dough and distribute the cheese is pieces over the filling.
- We close the braid inserting the cut strips on the sides, as can be seen in the photos you have below where it is explained step by step.
- We paint the surface of the braid with egg and bake with the oven preheated to 220ºC for 30 minutes. If we see that the surface begins to roast too much during the process, we cover it with aluminum foil.
- Here’s a fantastic appetizer, a 10-point snack plate, a yummy dinner. If we accompany it with a good salad, we have a perfect meal.
Tips for a fluffy puff pastry
- This recipe allows individual presentations, such as small empanadas, covered tartlets, etc …
- The filling is an idea but you can substitute some ingredient or add others, the ones you like the most. A little bacon, a black pudding from Burgos, sobrasada with honey, only vegetables, vegetables, remains of a roasted chicken, or with a special cheese.
- You can substitute the goat cheese for the one you like the most, an Arzúa-Ulloa, a roquefort, camembert, brie … and if we like sweets, apples, pears and pine nuts, ounces of chocolate with nuts … you will have an impressive dessert. Imagination to the power!