- 40 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 5 / person
- 290kcal per 100g.
How to make a rice with turbot.
In Rechupete recipes we like rice, you know, at home we dare with all kinds of rice recipes and of course, then we share them with all of you, so this rice with turbot could not be missing.
In the recipe that I present you two ingredients appear that will give color, flavor and aroma to the dish, the pepper and the saffron . Both are popular in Valencian rice but I have adopted them for my Galician style rice.
This is a rice dish that needs time, it must be done over low heat so that the recipe works in harmony. We have cooked it with a round SOS rice that never fails us.The result is spectacular because the mixture of flavors is really delicious.
With this recipe we will take advantage of the turbot that we bought this week on offer in the supermarket and that we like so much.
A fish that admits many preparations, from the most basic, grilled, stewed , baked … all valid but in this case, well accompanied, with a rice and vegetables.
It is possible to find turbot all year long in fishmongers, when raised in aquaculture. With what is a recipe for the whole year. Also, if you have children at home, as in my case, rice dishes tend to appeal to both the youngest and the oldest.
A rice with a spectacular sea flavor, but where all the ingredients are very small, the turbot will go to the grill, with a hard white meat, without a bone and very easy to eat.
The turbot. Cleaning and sealing
- Ask your trusted fishmonger to prepare them for you, as if they were for frying or grilling.
- I usually ask him to clean my back and leave it with the skin and then I cut it at home as I want. The head, the tail and the bones that will put you in another bag and we will use them to make the fish stock .
- 4 pieces of ration without thorns turn out. Of course, go for pieces about 1.5 Kg., So that everyone has their piece of turbot in the rice.
- We are going to seal it on the grill and finish it in the rice.
- We cut into generous squares, as you see in the photos and we are going to spread them lightly with olive oil.
- We cook them on the hot plate to brown them.
- Season and place with the skin in contact with the pan. After 2 minutes we turn it around and seal a minute. We reserve until the end of the rice.
Fumet or turbot broth
- It is a very simple fish broth where we are going to take advantage of the remains of the turbot cleaning.
- We put a large casserole (or a pressure cooker) with a good jet of extra virgin olive oil and fry everything over a very high heat.
- We pour 2 and a half liters of water and bring to a boil. Just enough to later make the rice.
- We cook about 15 minutes in the pressure cooker or about 35 minutes in the saucepan, open and strain. And we already have a delicious turbot broth. We reserve.
Preparation of the base or stir-fry of the rice
- We start by preparing a good sofrito. For this we heat a splash of extra virgin olive oil in a saucepan.
- We will use a casserole in which then we will add the rice, for this reason it is important that it is wide.
- Peel the garlic cloves and chop them very finely. If you have a better machaajos, this way you will notice the flavor but not the pieces.
- We cut the onion into very small cubes. We wash the peppers (we are going to use half of each one).
- We also cut into cubes the same size as the onion.
- First fry the onion for 5 minutes before adding the garlic and the peppers, washed and chopped.
- We continue cooking the vegetables, over medium heat, for 4-5 more minutes.
- It is important to stir the vegetables from time to time. This will help it cook evenly everywhere.
- When we see that the sofrito begins to brown, add the white wine and let it cook to evaporate the alcohol. 3 or 4 minutes will suffice.
- Add the crushed tomato, add a point of salt and continue cooking the vegetables for 3 more minutes over high heat so that the tomato liquid drops.
Preparation of rice with turbot
- In the saucepan with the sauce already prepared add the paprika and saffron. Mix with the sofrito.
- We toss the rice and turn it over for a couple of minutes. We must stir the rice so that it is impregnated with all the essence of the sofrito, its flavor and its fat.
- With the rehogado we also help the grains to stay loose more easily.
- Throughout this process we will have been keeping the fish broth warm so that we can use it at the right time.
- When we have fried the rice, it will be time to cover it with the hot broth. Remember for each part of rice, 2 and a half of liquid.
- We let the rice cook over medium heat for 12 minutes and at that moment when it is syrupy without finishing, add the pieces of turbot on top.
- The skin in contact with the rice to release flavor and jelly. In 5 more minutes of cooking we will have almost ready our rice.
- It only lacks a little rest of 5 minutes and to eat.
You can see all the photos of the step by step recipe for rice with turbot in this album.