- 50 minutes
- For 4 people
- 2.3 € / person
- 168kcal per 100g.
How to prepare a rice with chicken and rabbit .
When I prepare this rice recipe , in the style of a paella but with some variations.
When I can prepare this rice in the town it comes out very similar to Valencian paella , I have paella there, fire, even wood to make it the old-fashioned way.
You can see the result of some of my rice dishes that triumph in Galicia, the banda rice or the rice with lobster , there is not usually a grain of rice left over.
In my flat this topic is more complicated, so here what I usually make this type of rice is in a flat pan that gives me a very good result.
Although it is not a complicated or cumbersome dish to prepare, preparing a rice with chicken and rabbit has its trick.
To avoid major problems with the rice issue, we have opted for a round grain rice that will help us control the recipe smoothly. So we have cooked with a trustworthy brand with which we always succeed, Sabroz rice .
From here, get to know the rice and how it works, control the amount of liquid added and the time to do it.
Keeping a time of rest as part of the secret, are points that we must take into account to get a rice with chicken and yummy rabbit.
Preparation of the rice base
- Chop the rabbit and chicken if we have not asked our butcher before and remove any remaining fat that they may have.
- In a paella pan or, failing that, a wide casserole, heat the olive oil.
- When it is ready we add the rabbit and chicken meat and we begin to brown it for about 15 minutes.
- Add the green beans, the whole unpeeled garlic cloves, the locust bean and continue cooking for another 8 or 10 minutes.
- In this case I have used previously frozen beans and locust beans that sell on more than a large feeding surface.
- Add the peeled and crushed or grated tomatoes, and the fresh rosemary leaf.
- We continue cooking 15 minutes more over medium heat stirring so that it does not stick to us.
- When we see that some of the water has evaporated from the tomatoes we add the saffron threads. We integrate them with the rest of the ingredients.
- Remove the saucepan from heat for a moment to add the paprika. Mix well and put back on the fire.
- We remove the rosemary branch. We salt and incorporate the water.
Rice cooking and final presentation
- We calculate an amount of 2.5 parts of water for each part of rice.
- Let it start to cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- We add the rice distributing it throughout the casserole.
- Always over medium-high heat cook for about 5 minutes. At this point we lower the heat and continue cooking for 15 more minutes.
- We turn off the heat and let the rice rest 5 minutes before serving it.
You can see all the step by step photos of the chicken and rabbit rice recipe in this album.