- 90 minutes
- For 6 people
- 1.2 € / person
- 312kcal per 100g.
How to prepare some roasted stuffed potatoes .
I was thinking about what I could prepare to take to friends’ house. I can think of something with potatoes because I have a lot that my father brought me from the garden.
You have to give them out and I have thought of one of those potato recipes with which, in a moment and without work, we achieve a result of licking your fingers.
In addition, potatoes always like everyone, both cold, such as potatoes stuffed with bacon, anchovy and egg or Venezuelan-style potato and meat bombs . The recipe is the classic recipe for roasted potatoes and potatoes and stuffed with meat, different but just as delicious as the previous ones.
The first time I cooked stuffed roast potatoes was with a recipe from Arguiñano. They were so delicious that I have repeated many times, both for an event and for a simple meal at home.
With time I have been modifying the recipe and I have made it a little more mine, with some spices here and some variant there.
In any case, it is a very simple recipe that can get you out of a hurry with a surprise guest. All the ingredients are very cheap and, at least in my house, they are the ones that are never missing in my fridge.
As for the roasting time of the potatoes, this can vary greatly depending on the type of potato and the size of the potato. It took me almost two hours to roast 6 potatoes, but they are huge.
To add some color and flavor to the meat, I always add fried tomato. In my case I had a little left over from preparing some spaghetti.
If you do not have natural tomato, buy a good quality fried tomato, I assure you that the final result will improve a lot.
Preparation of stuffed potatoes
If a brand of potatoes has been good for you, always try to buy that brand. A good potato will make the difference of a stew or in this case of our stuffed potatoes .
- We wash the potatoes well and prick them on several sides. We wrap them in silver foil.
- We preheat the oven to 200 ° C with heat up and down and put the potatoes to roast.
- The potatoes will be ready when the skewer enters and comes out without difficulty (mine took almost two hours to be ready).
- The best thing about this recipe is that, although it is a bit long to prepare, the part that takes the longest can be done in advance and have it ready to finish off your lunch or dinner in no time.
- Chop the onion in very small blocks and we will brown it. When it is golden brown, add the meat and the serrano ham in tacos.
- We fry everything until the meat is done. Season with salt and pepper and add the spices and the fried tomato.
- We remove everything together for two minutes and reserve.
Filling and final presentation of potatoes with meat
- When the potatoes are ready, we remove them and remove the silver foil. We allow them to temper about five minutes.
- We remove the top part as you can see in the image and empty them with a spoon.
- We will use a little of the potato that we have removed to add it to the pan and sauté it with the rest of the ingredients.
- Fill the potatoes. First we put some cheese.
- Then we fill with the meat and potato preparation that we have already prepared. We have the potatoes in a baking dish and cover them with grated cheese to gratin.
- We put them in the oven in gratin mode until the cheese takes a golden brown.
- We remove from the oven and serve hot.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.
Tips for some fluffy stuffed potatoes
- This recipe, like almost all the ones on the blog, is quite easy, or run I would say, the ingredients are 4 basic of any fridge, so you have no excuse.
- They are perfect to accompany meat dishes or as a unique dish, giving a very tempting aspect to your recipe.
- You can also tune them to your liking, cook them with your favorite vegetables and meats, such as cooked ham, asparagus, zucchini, squash, corn, etc …
- The potato must be of good quality. The ones that I am going to use are perfect for grilling, I have already tried them and they are perfect.
- Normally when you go shopping you take potatoes of any kind, I recommend that you buy specific potatoes for the food you are going to prepare.
- You can also use the microwave to make the potatoes, you will shorten time, only 20 minutes.
- Although one thing is a potato roasted in the oven and another one cooked in the microwave, it all depends on the time you have and the desire you have. In any case, another yummy recipe for you to cook at home.