- 60 minutes
- For 4 people
- 2.4 € / person
- 325kcal per 100g.
How to make a pumpkin and goat cheese risotto .
Last week I prepared for some friends and the result was spectacular, a risotto with pumpkin and risotto alla zucca , was just right honeyed and creamy.
And so that you dare to cook it, I am going to give you some tricks that will make your risotto always stay on its point.
There are already enough types of rice in the Italian style that I have on the blog, a very helpful dish and if too much complexity makes a meal a feast.
You already know that recipes with rice are one of the most versatile in our kitchen. On our blog you can find many recipes for risottos ( mushrooms , with octopus , saffron , with artichokes and lamb , with boletus and prawns (sea and mountain), with pear and gorgonzola ).
We have used Scotti risotto rice, which is perhaps the most easily found in supermarkets and department stores.
A delicacy from Italy that you can take to your kitchens without much effort and that in Rechupete Recipes we try to make it one more dish on your weekly menus.
Preparation of pumpkin and goat cheese risotto
- We chop the pumpkin into very small cubes (in the following video you will see tricks to cut your pumpkin quickly and safely).
- We wash and chop the chives very finely.
- In a saucepan not very high add two tablespoons of olive oil and one of butter. We put the broth to heat.
- Add the diced squash and chives to the saucepan and cook over medium heat.
- And as I have mentioned in the other risottos on the blog, the secret of this recipe is the point of sweetness, it must be creamy and well cooked at the same time.
- We do not want a dish with pasty and caked rice grains unfortunately it is quite easy if we do not know the procedure to cook it.
- When the chives have poached, add the rice and sauté it with the rest of the ingredients for approximately 1 minute.
- Next we pour the white wine and let it reduce to medium heat.
Mantecado of the rice. Final presentation of risotto
- Add two saucepans of vegetable stock to the casserole and begin to stir.
- When adding the broth, it does not break the cooking temperature at any time, that is to say, it will be necessary to add the broth very hot or even boiling.
- We will add it in broth saucepans as the rice absorbs it, and without stirring.
- We test and rectify the salt point, if necessary.
- When the rice is al dente, remove it from the heat and add three tablespoons of grated goat cheese. We stir well so that the cheese is integrated and falls apart.
- We plated and served to taste immediately.
- It can be decorated with a few slices of cooked pumpkin and some flakes of cheese.
- This dish must be served immediately, otherwise it will go from a creamy sensation to a caked sensation. I recommend that you do not pour the rice until your guests have arrived.
I leave you with this new risotto, a mix of delicious flavors. The sweetness of the pumpkin and the powerful flavor of the cheese will surprise you, a combination that works wonderfully. An easy recipe to prepare with which you will get a delicious dish, with the rice slightly al dente but creamy on the outside.
This pumpkin and goat cheese risotto must be served at the moment, freshly made, forget to reheat it, the same thing happens to it with the steamed rices, they lose a lot and look as if they have been overcooked.
You can see all the step-by-step photos of the pumpkin risotto and goat cheese recipe in this album. Do not miss any detail and it will be perfect.
Tips for a yummy risotto
- Don’t buy any rice, try to buy a special rice for risottos. In the ingredients I suggest two, but you can buy the brand you want. The rice will be at its point when it is tender on the outside and with a harder point on the inside. You can try it too, so you will notice that it is al dente.
- The cheese, whatever the type, will be added at the end. Remove the casserole from the heat and mix it stirring gently, the objective is for the cheese to melt with the own heat that the casserole still conserves.
- Last but not least, think that the risotto should not be loose. On the contrary, the rice grains have to be slightly linked with each other and with a creamy sensation, but without being broth.
- For a quality risotto we must take into account the sofrito. I always poach it with a little butter and 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. The butter will make the risotto more creamy.
- The broth should always be added hot and saucepan by saucepan, on demand for the rice. I recommend that you put it to heat just when you start to poach the onion. At first you must add enough broth so that the rice is covered, but not floating, and then we add saucepan to saucepan as the rice absorbs the previous one.
- During the entire preparation time, the rice must be removed to help it release the starch and prevent it from catching as it runs out of liquid.