- 45 minutes
- For 4 people
- 0.5 € / person
- 235kcal per 100g.
How to make red cabbage with pine nuts.
I present you an easy vegetarian or vegan recipe with a very colorful vegetable, the red cabbage. A luxury garnish, healthy and tasty starter that will come out perfect with our step by step with photos and video.
It is possible to prepare a Christmas recipe without excess calories. These are the perfect accompaniment to other more forceful ones. This recipe is a first for holidays or for daily, the traditional red cabbage with pine nuts .
In many houses in the community of Madrid and Castilla Leon, Lombard with pine nuts it is synonymous with Christmas Eve or meal Christmas . Prepared with more or less elaboration, the red cabbage is present in the most traditional tables.
We can find ourselves from the simplest sautéed red cabbage with oil and garlic, to the one prepared with raisins and pine nuts , worthy of a great party. This recipe adds flavor and color to our dishes in a simple way.
The preparation is very basic and the ingredients can be found throughout the year in an economical way, except for the delicious pine nuts that provide a luxury point to this simple dish.
The cabbage is a winter vegetable perfect for taking either hot or at room temperature. It is an ideal accompaniment for meat and fish, but it can also be a dish to enjoy only with the only company of roasted potatoes .
This colorful vegetable will add a healthy and tasty touch to the best of the tables, and of course, especially on the Christmas Eve table.
Preparation of red cabbage with pine nuts
- We rehydrate the raisins. For this we will leave them to soak in the white wine until the moment of using them. We reserve
- We roast the pine nuts in a frying pan, without oil of any kind. We cook them for a few minutes over low heat and reserve.
- In a saucepan, heat a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. When it is hot add the onion cut into thick julienne strips. We poach the onion until it is soft.
- We add the red cabbage cut into strips, previously washed. We fry the red cabbage together with the onion for a few minutes.
- Add a glass of water (300 ml) and cook covered 35-40 minutes.
- Once the red cabbage is well cooked, add to the casserole the rest of the ingredients, wine, raisins, pine nuts, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook for a few minutes until the alcohol has evaporated.
Here you have a step by step in photos where I show how to prepare this recipe for red cabbage with pine nuts. Do not miss any detail so that it comes out perfect.