- 60 minutes
- For 4 people
- 2.5 € / person
How to prepare artichokes with ham and egg . We all know that eating vegetables is essential to maintain a healthy and balanced diet .
All recipes with vegetables are interesting for our body, but there are some especially beneficial for their large number of components. This is, without a doubt, the case of the artichoke, artichoke or artichoke.
It seems that its origin is in North Africa or Egypt, and it was a well-known plant for Greeks and Romans. In our peninsula, it is in the lands bathed by the Mediterranean Sea where its plantation is most extensive.
Water and carbohydrates are its main components, but it also contains iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and vitamins of group B. Among its qualities is that of promoting the absorption of fats, favors digestion, is beneficial for the liver , they contribute to lower cholesterol, being a low fat diet and with a large amount of fiber, helps to lose weight.
With such a quantity of virtues it is a food to take into account in our daily diet. The ways of preparing it are many, and today we have prepared a stew, some artichokes with ham, hard-boiled egg and pine nuts , which has everything to succeed.
By combining this vegetable with egg and ham, this recipe is a very complete, healthy and very healthy option to eat vegetables, in addition to being delicious.
Preparation of artichokes with egg
- We clean the artichokes by removing the hardest outer leaves, exposing what would be the heart. We clean the stem and cut each artichoke in four. To avoid, as much as possible, that they become too black, we are leaving the artichoke hearts in a container with water and lemon, until the moment we go to cook them.
- We cook the eggs for 12 minutes, let them cool, remove the shell and reserve.
- In a small frying pan, toast the pine nuts, placing them directly on the fire without oil or salt. Without stopping stirring and at medium temperature we toast controlling so that they do not burn us. We reserve.
- In a wide saucepan, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil. When it is ready we add the artichokes in quarters and cook them until we see that they begin to brown. We remove the artichokes for a separate dish, salt and reserve. We should not overcook the artichokes, you have to be hard because afterwards we will continue cooking with the sauce.
- In the same saucepan where we fry the artichokes, poach the onion and the garlic clove, cut into cubes. When we see that the onion is almost transparent we add the small diced ham and continue cooking for 4 minutes. We are not going to overcook the ham as it would be a little hard. Add the toasted pine nuts, mix them with the rest of the ingredients and add the flour. We cook removing the flour to integrate it for 1 or 2 minutes.
- We incorporate the artichokes that we have reserved and the white wine. We cook for 3 or 4 minutes and add the water and the crumbled yolks of the already cooked eggs. Let the stew cook for 20 minutes over medium heat, stirring the casserole occasionally.
- We serve the artichokes by sprinkling on each plate part of the very chopped whites.
It is a very complete and very healthy first course. It is a traditional light and very tasty stew, a whole dish of yummy that I recommend that you accompany with a piece of a very rich bread, since the sauce will ask you.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.