- 25 minutes
- For 4 people
- 2.1 € / person
- 195kcal per 100g.
How to make a rice salad . This very summer rice salad, a recipe with perfect rice as a first course. A very complete, cheap and easy to prepare salad.
If you want a healthy option to prepare a unique refreshing and nutritious dish, do not hesitate, it will be a success at home. We have prepared it as most like at home, with ingredients a little out of the ordinary, a salad full of contrasts, textures and flavor. It is not the classic rice salad with 4 ingredients, it is a dish with a more original and slightly different touch.
Although it is a perfect recipe for the heat, very summer, it can also be taken throughout the year, as an accompaniment or a single dish. In addition it is prepared in less than half an hour, it is relatively simple and delicious style.
The base of the dish is rice , in this case we have used special SOS rice for salads . We are going to add a touch of color and different textures, mixing long, slightly crispy wild rice and brown red rice. With what our salad will have a rice with elastic grain, firm and loose, perfect to mix with the rest of the ingredients.
A perfect salad from the nutritional point of view, varied and tasty. If you have not yet prepared it at home, it is a great option to make a refreshing, light meal with bright colors and easy to prepare . Do you fancy
Preparation of the rice salad
- The preparation of this salad is very simple, the only ingredient that needs cooking is rice. For this we put water to boil in a saucepan (1 and 1/2 parts of water for each part of rice).
- Once it comes to a boil add a little salt and rice. Let it cook until the water has evaporated (approximately 20 minutes). It is a little longer than usual because we are cooking wild rice, it has to be perfect. You can try to make it to your liking.
- Once the rice is cooked, we pass it under a stream of cold water and drain it. We can do it a couple of times so that the rice is very loose. It must be warm or cold before mixing with the rest of the ingredients.
- We cut the cheese into cubes. We have used Mozzarella cheese but use your favorite cheese that is soft and creamy. A Galician Arzúa Ulloa cheese or a cottage cheese would also be great.
- Meanwhile, we are placing the drained and crumbled tuna, cheese and tomato cut into small cubes in a bowl. Then we add the capers and the drained corn kernels.
- Then we add the rice to the bowl where the rest of the ingredients are. We stir it well so that all the flavors intermingle.
Final preparation and presentation of the rice salad
- As a dressing we make a sauce consisting of a tablespoon of lemon juice, 3 tablespoons of olive oil and a little salt. Pour the dressing in a cup and stir it well with a spoon until it is well mixed.
- Dress the salad with the mixture and stir well.
- Finally we incorporate the cut artichokes and the whole onions. We stir again so that all the ingredients are very well mixed.
- It can be served warm or fresh if we make it the day before. We keep it in the fridge in a bowl covered with a little plastic film or in a tupper. Thus it will keep perfectly 2-3 days.
A recipe that you can tune with your favorite ingredients and give it a delicious touch, perfect for the daily tupper at work.
This rice salad is a great recommendation but not the only one, on the blog you will find plenty of options to eat yummy salads throughout the year.