- 45 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 1.5 / person
- 295kcal per 100g.
How to make rice with vegetables . I am sure that the rice recipe that I present today will triumph for its simplicity and for being a cheap dish, within reach of all budgets.
This is not the famous Valencian paella , do not think about it if it is what you are looking for. It is a dish to take advantage of the vegetables that we have cornered in the fridge and that we do not know very well what to do with them, with a few small touches you will be left with a sweet rice worthy of a professional cook.
I am not discovering gunpowder, this recipe is a classic cooked in many homes, rice with vegetables or vegetable paella that we have on the blog.
A very popular rice in many homes where we use the vegetables we have in season, where they will be at their best. Always thinking about saving and at the same time eating tasty and easy.
We will not use meat, seafood, or fish. It is still a dish of humble origin due to the simplicity of its ingredients. To make it even more natural and environmentally friendly, we are going to use organic SOS rice .
A type of round grain rice that has been grown, processed and packaged following the European regulation of organic products and provide a rice with all its natural properties.
I assure you that you will have a loose rice among a sweet sauce that the vegetables give, as you see in the photo, a first-class sweet rice. Imagination to the power to put those vegetables that you like the most: artichokes, asparagus, pepper, tomato … always with the base of a good sauce with onion and garlic. What are you waiting for to enter the kitchen and get down to work?
Preparation of the base of this rice
- Peel the garlic cloves and chop them as best as possible. If you have a garlic masher, you will have a perfect paste that will melt in the cooking, at the end of the preparation you will only notice the flavor. We reserve.
- We chop the onions and the peppers (green and red) very fine so that they melt in the cooking. It is important not to notice its texture but the flavor they give to rice.
- We blanch the tomatoes, remove the skin and grate them. If you don’t have anything to grate them with, just cut them into very small dice. We reserve.
- Add the extra virgin olive oil to the casserole. When the oil is hot, fry the onions and peppers about 5 minutes over medium-high heat, always stirring carefully.
- Add the garlic, stirring to avoid burning. Cook over medium heat with the rest of the vegetables for about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and add half of the saffron threads (the rest will be added with the broth). We combine very well with the vegetables.
- We pour the glass of white wine and the tomato when the previous vegetable is already poached so that the ingredients do not burn.
- We let it reduce the liquid and the alcohol of the wine until it begins to stick to the casserole or paella. It is time to add the peas, we distribute them throughout the casserole. We try salt, in case it is necessary to add more.
Preparation of rice with vegetables
- We add the rice and stir everything gently so that it is well impregnated with the stew and absorbs the flavor. Leave for 1 more minute over medium heat, stirring with a wooden spoon or spatula so that it does not stick.
- To achieve a good syrupy rice as in this case, we must calculate the necessary water well. The end point of this type of rice must be neither very dry nor broth.
- The exact liquid measurements are 2 parts of broth for every 1 of rice. Even so, if we observe that the rice is a little hard, but the casserole is running out of sufficient liquid, we will gradually add more water until it is ready.
- Mix the reserved saffron with some broth. Once the rice has absorbed all the flavor of the stew we add the broth in the casserole.
- We raise the temperature to the maximum until it begins to boil and then we lower it in half. It has to be done little by little (it lasts about 16 minutes approximately).
- We rectify liquid with water and we are testing the rice.
- We remove from the fire and let stand 10 minutes.
The photos do not lie, I assure you that it is a dish to repeat or leave the casserole or paella on the table and leave it clean. You will tell me …
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the recipe of rice with vegetables . Do not lose detail and they will be perfect.