- 90 minutes
- For 8 people
- € 1.5 / person
- 472kcal per 100g.
How to prepare a mushroom lasagna .
I am a total fan of mushroom recipes , I can say that I almost like them all. That is why I love taking advantage of the season to prepare dishes of all kinds with them at home.
Either in a mushroom risotto , as part of a pie filling , in a tart or savory pie or as a garnish for meat. Mushrooms are a perfect alternative to achieve a healthy, balanced and very tasty menu.
Today we have prepared some mushrooms as a filling for a pasta recipe , a mushroom lasagna. You can not miss in our repertoire a dish that combines pasta with mushrooms, sure hit.
In today’s recipe we find wild mushrooms and shitake, because that is what I found at the market. But we can make this recipe with the mushrooms that we like the most or those that we can find according to the season.
The mushroom lasagna offers a vegetarian alternative to classic meat lasagna or fish . Makes it a lighter, more suitable dish for low calorie diets.
You will surely be thinking that yes but that the light béchamel sauce has nothing. It is true but we can always reduce the amount of this sauce. And increase, in consideration a little more, the amount of tomato sauce.
What I recommend is to use quality ingredients, from the pasta, in this case lasagna Garofalo , one of the best pasta in Italy. And of course, the fillings, today with mushrooms, but you have many ways to fill it.
Combining the sofrito with a light béchamel sauce and tomato sauce, we get a filling that is easy to prepare. Without excessive complications and with a perfect result.
In any case, the ingredients are the same and the result just as great.
Preparation of mushroom lasagna
- First of all, we clean the mushrooms from any dirt that they may have.
- I am in favor of washing them lightly if we see that the task of cleaning them from the earth is complicated, rather than eating anything. We reserve the mushrooms until the moment of using them.
- Peel the garlic and cut it into cubes. We remove the outer leaves of the leek and wash them under the tap to remove the dirt that may have inside.
- We cut the leek into pieces and add the garlic and the leek cut into a large frying pan with 3 or 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- We fry the vegetable at medium temperature until we see that it is soft.
- Add the thyme sprigs and the mushrooms into pieces. We cook until the mushrooms have evaporated some of their water.
- Add the salt and the wine and let the alcohol evaporate for 5 minutes.
- We add 200 gr. of tomato sauce and let it cook together for 6 or 7 more minutes. We put out the fire and reserve.
- In another large skillet, melt the butter. When it begins to heat up, add the flour with a pinch of salt and cook it working with a wooden spoon for a few minutes.
- Add half a glass of milk and stir until it is absorbed by the flour.
- We continue adding milk to the pan, without stopping stirring, incorporating it in several batches until we have added it all.
- We stir without stopping at medium low temperature to undo all the lumps until the cream begins to boil, then cook for 5 minutes and remove from the heat.
- We cook the lasagna plates according to the manufacturer’s instructions and proceed with the assembly.
- At the bottom of a dish suitable for the oven, spread the rest of the tomato sauce and place the first layer of pasta.
- We distribute half of the mushroom stew over the entire surface and cover with a small part of the bechamel sauce that we sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Final preparation of the mushroom lasagna and presentation
- We put the second layer of pasta and repeat the operation again, first mushroom stew, a little béchamel sauce to cover it and grated Parmesan cheese.
- We place the last layer of lasagna plates, water with the rest of the bechamel sauce so that it covers the entire surface and sprinkle with abundant Parmesan cheese.
- Bake with the oven already preheated to 190º C. With heat up and down, for 15 minutes.
- We change to grill position. Gratin for 10 minutes until the surface is golden.
- We remove the source from the oven and serve the lasagna while it is still hot.
We can accompany this dish with a rocket and lamb’s lettuce salad, tomato slices and a balsamic vinegar dressing.
With the vegetable complement we will have a unique dish perfect to take in a tupper to work.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.