- 25 minutes
- For 4 people
- 1.6 € / person
- 305kcal per 100g.
How to make chicken nuggets .
Since these bites are a big hit with kids, and not so kids, today I’ve put together a recipe for homemade chicken nuggets.
Made with all-natural ingredients, juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside, I am sure you will love them. They have nothing to envy in flavor to those that we can find in fast food establishments.
And is that on the blog you have a lot of chicken recipes , I am the number one fan of this type of recipes, most are very simple and especially cheap.
The United States is a greenhouse of consumption ideas that, in many cases, we use the rest of. We have imported countless products that have become part of our daily lives, of course on a technological level, but also in relation to food. Burgers , cakes and desserts such as red velvet , carrot cake , and also chicken nuggets , which can be found today in many establishments.
The crushed chicken breast accompanied with cream cheese acquires a moist and delicate texture, if we also accompany it with the sauce that we like the most, it will make eating nuggets at home a holiday for the little ones.
As an alternative to chicken, we can use any other type of meat, fish and even vegetables, being able to prepare nuggets with vegetables, for example these nuggets with spinach . Choose the vegetables and add them cooked, seasoned and worked in the same way, battered and fried. I hope you like them.
Preparation of chicken nuggets
- We clean the breasts of possible traces of fat and veins that they may have and cut them into pieces of about 2 cm. We pass the chicken pieces through a mincer until they are completely undone and form a paste.
- Mix the chicken with the cream cheese and salt, until it is well integrated. With the hand we make small portions with this dough.
- We are going to bread our nuggets, in this case the classic batter, passing them by flour, egg and breadcrumbs.
- The flour helps the egg adhere better to the meat, and the egg acts as a glue to fix the breadcrumbs to the nugget.
- There are those who give one cape and there are those who prefer to use two. It is best to coat in a single layer so that the nugget wrap is not too thick. Thus they are lighter and absorb less oil in frying.
Frying and final presentation of chicken nuggets
- To get more crispy nuggets, we can use crisp breadcrumbs that are sold in any supermarket or large area, better than breadcrumbs.
- For frying we are interested in oils with a high smoke point and that are soft so as not to add too much flavor to the chicken.
- These oils will allow us to fry at a high temperature, which will provide us with a crispy breading after a short frying process. This way we will make the interior juicier.
- When we have all the nuggets prepared, heat plenty of oil in a frying pan and fry them.
- Always in small batches at medium temperature to avoid excessively lowering the temperature of the oil.
- It is important that the oil is not very hot when frying them. This way we avoid that they are very toasted on the outside and raw on the inside.
- We remove to a tray with kitchen paper to absorb the excess oil.
- We serve accompanied by the sauce that we like the most. You will see how you prepare them several times at home, they are delicious.
If you still do not have it clear, I leave you a step by step in photos of this recipe for these chicken nuggets so that they come out yes or yes, do not hesitate, follow these photos.
History and origin of chicken nuggets
- The word nugget in English means nugget , and they are that, a few nuggets or nuts made from minced chicken meat and battered with egg and breadcrumbs, fried in abundant oil.
- Their origin is in the USA in the 1950s, when Robert C. Baker, professor of food technology at Cornell University, devised them as academic work. From that moment on, they acquired considerable success, being marketed throughout the country.
- Not long ago I read an article questioning the quality of industrial nuggets. It was an American study of nuggets sold by two Jackson fast food chains.
- The result: the amount of chicken meat in this product was less than 50%. With this I don’t mean that the nuggets we eat are all with the same characteristics, but I do mean that a healthy diet is important.