- 20 minutes
- For 4 people
- 1.1 € / person
If you are looking for a fresh, light and healthy preparation, write down the instructions for preparing a pasta salad, figs and pine nuts. If you have come home hungry and do not feel like long preparations, this salad will be the perfect option. The figs are the first of the two harvests of fig fruits (from June to July), highly appreciated as they are larger than the fig but not as sweet as that one. They are pear shaped and different colors depending on the varieties, ranging from white, greenish yellow, bluish or black. The same tree also bears the fig fruit a little later. A fruit that is usually used in many desserts but that pairs perfectly also with salads or red meat. An original touch for this salad.
- We wash the figs very well and cut them into slices. We cook the pasta al dente and reserve it warm and drained.
- We cut the sliced bread into small tacos. Lightly sauté the pine nuts and sliced bread in a pan with a few drops of olive oil. We reserve a tablespoon of pine nuts and the rest will be for the salad.
- While we make a few circles with the grated cheese on a kitchen paper and bake until the cheese melts. It will only take a couple of minutes. Chill to peel the cheese circles off the paper.
- We use one of the cheese circles and break it into pieces, mix it with the toasted bread and crumble it until we get that crispy touch.
- To make the pesto : Crush 1 clove of minced garlic, a pinch of rosemary and the tablespoon of lightly toasted pine nuts that we had reserved in a mortar. Add the basil leaves, washed and dried and crush them in the same way. We put the puree in a glass of electric mixer. We add the grated cheeses (50 g of parmesan and the same of pecorino) and 5 tablespoons of virgin olive oil. We crush everything with the help of the electric mixer, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and let it cool in the fridge.
- Tip: You can prepare more pesto and freeze it in portions to use on another occasion to season not only this salad but also some pasta or any other sauce.
- We assemble the salad, put the figs below and around, the pasta with the pine nuts and the jerky, the cured cheese flakes, the crispy bread and cheese. Garnish with the cheese circles and add a little of the Genovese pesto on the plate.
- We only need to water around the warm salad and we will serve immediately.
Take advantage! Is awesome.