- 40 minutes
- For 10 people
- 1.6 € / person
- 260kcal per 100g.
How to make stuffed volcanoes. 4 ideas to succeed at Christmas.
If you start a meal well, the logical thing is that it ends well. It is not a saying, it is just common sense. That is why at these Christmas parties , appetizers , entrees and canapés should be the preamble to an unforgettable evening, a way to open your mouth before the main dishes.
Even in some cases, in my house sometimes it happens, the entrees become a unique dish, an endless number of delicious things that are in the center of the table and that each one chooses while having a glass of wine.
The cold starters already put on the table and the hot or warm ones with the last point in the kitchen, which will come out little by little, to complete a delicious meal where the palate and good vibes are the protagonists.
Today I have prepared four options of starters presented in stuffed puff pastry volovans . They are light combinations that will not make us lose our appetite to enjoy the rest of the meal, but that will make us enjoy some delicious bites.
The only thing necessary for a good starter is a little imagination. In two of the recipes, the salmon and mandarin recipes and the salmorejo recipes, they are adaptations of recipes that already appear on the blog. In both cases as the first, which we can perfectly adapt to have an original and colorful filling.
The only thing that we must take into account to achieve a resounding success is that the ideal is to fill the puff pastry volovans just before being served since, especially in the case of fillings with a little sauce, if we did it too far in advance , the puff pastry would soften and lose part of its texture, flavor and presence.
Any of these elaborations are quick to prepare and we can have them in advance, so we can concentrate on the rest of the menu without complicating ourselves.
Volovanes stuffed with cheese and salmon
- We put the cream cheese in a bowl and, with the help of a fork, begin to beat it until it softens and stays like a cream.
- Chop the smoked salmon and add it to the cheese. Mix well until integrating the two ingredients.
- We wash and cut the parsley bunch very small and add it to the cream cheese and salmon.
- We serve by filling the volovans and placing a teaspoon of roe as a crown on each one.
Volcanoes stuffed with roasted eggplant
- Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise and place it in a baking dish.
- Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with thyme and sprinkle with a good splash of olive oil.
- Bake at 190º C for 35 minutes.
- We remove the eggplant from the oven and let it cool to room temperature. When it is cold with a spoon, remove the meat and chop it.
- In a bowl, mix the roasted aubergine with the finely chopped feta cheese and reserve. Add the pomegranate granites to taste and mix well.
- Fill the volovans with the mixture and water with a few drops of extra virgin olive oil before serving.
Volovanes stuffed with salmorejo
- We wash the tomato, chop it roughly and pass it through the mixer until it is like a sauce.
- We add the bread in pieces to the tomato sauce and let it rest for 10 minutes so that it softens.
- Peel the garlic and add a pinch to the mixture. We salt and incorporate the extra virgin olive oil. We pass the ingredients through the mixer again until there is a very fine sauce.
- Until the moment of serving the volcanoes, we keep the salmorejo in the fridge.
- We cook an egg and reserve it until decorating the volovans.
- Fill the volovans with the salmorejo and sprinkle each one with a pinch of cooked egg yolk.
Smoked salmon and tangerine volovans
For the smoked salmon and tangerine volovans , we have made a special on the blog. You just have to go to the link you have above, you can also change the tangerine for orange, to give your touch. Even grate a little lime or dried dill on top.
You see, it is only a matter of imagination and a little love that we can prepare some fillings for volcanoes that will delight your guests.
Surely you are already thinking of possible combinations, and surely all of them delicious.