For 2 € 0.74 /pers. 225 kcal/100g
- For the pancake batter: 250 ml whole milk
- 135 g wheat flour or 0000 flour, loose pastry flour
- 2 eggs M
- To make in the pan: Lard (butter) or 50 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- Honey or dulce de leche to accompany
Pancakes are one of those perfect recipes for beginners . They are not difficult at all and are delicious, perfect for breakfast or snack.
Pancakes are a type of crêpe , which are made by cooking portions of dough in a pan . It is usually prepared throughout Latin America, but it is more common to find them in Argentine, Chilean, Uruguayan and Paraguayan cuisines to eat as a dessert, or also in savory format.
We are not going to deny that at home we have made these pancakes or pancakes on more than one occasion, we are spoiled for sweetness . We have been using this recipe for quite some time and the truth is that it has no mystery , but the best thing is that you can mix it with almost anything: sweet, salty… It doesn’t matter what you put on a pancake, it will be delicious.
Try also: How to make pancakes · Oatmeal pancakes · Oatmeal and banana pancakes · Banana pancakes · Japanese pancakes · Galician pancakes · Crêpes · Hot cakes · Pancakes
How to make pancakes
Make the dough
- Place the flour in a bowl or container and add the egg and milk. Make sure to mix the ingredients well until there are almost no lumps left.
- Once you have the dough ready, let the mixture rest in the refrigerator for about 5 minutes so that the flour can hydrate. Although this rest step is optional, it could also be done directly.
Cook the pancakes
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on medium-low heat with a little oil or butter. When it is hot, add a spoonful of the mixture and wait for the dough to set well.
- When the surface of the pancakes begins to look slightly curdled, turn them over with the help of a silicone tongue or a spatula.
- We gradually make pancake by pancake with patience, buttering the bottom of the pan from time to time to add flavor and prevent them from sticking to the surface. You have to be careful that the pan or pancake pan does not get too hot and you should not try to remove them as they will come off on their own.
- Cook on the other side for one minute (no more) before removing to a plate. Ready to eat.
Tips and tricks for perfect pancakes
- If you don’t have pastry flour, you can change it for regular wheat flour and add a teaspoon of baking powder to the mixture.
- If you see that the dough is too thick, add a little more milk to make it more liquid.
- The dough or cream can be put in the refrigerator, even if there are leftovers freshly made, they can be wrapped in plastic wrap and taken out at room temperature when we want to eat them. Better freshly made, but with a microwave touch they are also very delicious.
- There is no good pancake in Argentina if it does not have dulce de leche. You just have to spread each pancake with this delicacy. If it is very hard, you can heat it in the microwave for a few seconds and it will be a fluid cream. But I like it with a good dollop of dulce de leche on top.
- You can add all kinds of accessories to these pancakes, from the traditional dulce de leche , honey, maple syrup, chocolate syrup to if you want them salty, accompanied by tomato, mozzarella and pesto . All, whether sweet or salty, with a delicious flavor.
- We should not add the pancake batter to the pan right after mixing. Better results are obtained if you let the dough rest for 5 minutes so that the gluten relaxes and all the ingredients come together well.
- If we use a non-stick griddle, we will avoid having to grease the surface to prevent them from sticking to the base.
- Once cooked, we can keep them warm if we place them in a tower (one on top of the other). We can add a touch of flavor by placing a few drops of chocolate between each one.