- 180 minutes
- For 10 people
- € 3 / person
- 305kcal per 100g.
How to prepare a roasted ham . When thinking about a Christmas menu, one of the main concerns is getting a dish that is to everyone’s taste, tasty and rich.
But just as important is getting those great dishes ready in a simple way and with the least amount of work to be able to enjoy ours without stress.
Today we want to bring you a very simple meat recipe . Perfect for a good menu, roasted ham with O´Preve sauce . No more brain breakers when thinking about how to prepare that wonderful meat we have for grilling. Our sauces are perfect not only as an accompaniment, their use as a marinade or marinade is an alternative that will give us a dish of yummy.
With the only step of covering the meat well with the churrasco sauce, and maintaining correct roasting times, we will obtain a juicy and tasty meat, perfect to accompany with the garnish that we like the most.
A vegetable ratatouille or potatoes cooked in the same O´Preve steak sauce will be the ideal accompaniment to enjoy a party dinner with a first class dish.
Marinated roasted ham with O´Preve sauce
- We choose a piece of fresh ham at the butcher shop and ask our butcher to remove the bone and skin.
- In a container suitable for the oven, large enough to fit our ham and leave room to surround it with the potatoes, we place the piece of meat.
- Although we can use any of the O´Preve sauces to marinate it, I have chosen the churrasco sauce. Spread the sauce well over the entire surface of the ham. We will leave about 50 ml unused. of the sauce that we will then use for the potatoes.
- It is not necessary to add salt to make the roast, the one that will provide the sauce will be enough.
Baking roasted ham and potatoes
- We preheat the oven to 200º C with heat up and down.
- With the oven already hot, lower the temperature to 180º C. Put the tray in the oven in the middle and roast for about 30 minutes. After this time, we will turn the ham, water with half the white wine and continue the roast for another 30 minutes.
- While the ham is cooking, we prepare the potatoes. We wash them with their skin and cut them crosswise to almost their base. With cuts every 0.5 cm. very similar to the Hasselback potatoes that we have on the blog. We will leave a base on each potato uncut.
- We remove the ham from the oven again and add the potatoes to the source. We water with the rest of the churrasco sauce and add the rest of the white wine.
- We put the ham in the oven again and continue the roast for another 45 minutes.
Final presentation of the roasted ham
- After this time, the meat will be ready and the potatoes will be tender. If we use a larger meat, it will be necessary to increase the oven time.
- We remove the ham and potatoes from the oven tray. We cover them with aluminum foil so that the juices settle and keep their heat.
- We put the roast sauce in a saucepan and add a splash of water. We remove to integrate it and test the point of salt. Surely it will not be necessary to add more. The broth will be concentrated and the flavor and salt of the sauce and the roast will suffice.
- Strain the sauce to remove remains and put in a sauce boat.
Be sure to enjoy all the ideas that we offer you in the special Christmas recipes . You can see all the photos of the step by step in this recipe album for Christmas roasted ham .
Tips for a roast crab ham
- We serve the meat cut into thin slices, accompanied by the roasted potatoes and washed down with the roast sauce. A dish as tasty as its preparation is simple.
- We will only need a green salad and a good piece of bread to accompany this great plate of roasted ham.