- 30 minutes
- For 2 persons
- 0.8 € / person
- 210kcal per 100g.
How to make an onion omelette . In addition to the famous potato omelette or a filled omelette , you can make a multitude of them with the most varied ingredients.
I’ll bet once again on a juicy onion omelette. A very simple recipe, with history, memories and flavors from our childhood. Made with humble and quality ingredients. The onion omelette is an option for a healthy dinner, you can find a lot of variants. The omelette in each house is different, each friend you cook prepares it in a way and gives it its touch.
With some free-range eggs, some onions from my father’s garden and a good extra virgin olive oil, we will obtain a luxury dish. They will have nothing to envy the grandmothers do with so much love.
This omelette is reminiscent of the traditional Arabian vegetarian omelette, eggah . Although this is a simpler version, it is perfect for a healthy breakfast or a very quick and easy nutritious dinner during the week. If you like the flavor of parsley or coriander you can give it a fresher touch and it will help you balance the egg with the poached onion. In this case I and my partner prepared it for dinner, but you can adapt the ingredients to your family. Do you cheer up with her?
Preparation of the onion omelette base
- Chop the onion into a thin julienne of the same size. In a wide frying pan, pour extra virgin olive oil and heat.
- Add the onion, season to taste, and let it cook everything together over medium heat 15 minutes.
- Once all the onion has been poached, without burning, we take it out and put it in a bowl. You can use a slotted spoon and a strainer to avoid adding more oil to the tortilla. We reserve.
- Beat the eggs and lightly salt them (a pinch will suffice). Add the poached onion and mix very well.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and add a few drops of extra virgin olive oil.
- We add the mixture to the pan and let it curdle over medium heat. We cook it on both sides and remove it when it acquires the point that we like the most, more or less curdled. My recommendation is that you do not spend too much, you can enjoy it more if it is very tender.
- Carefully, we pass it to a plate or platter and it is ready to taste. You can accompany it with the salad that you like, for example a tomato salad. Of yummy, I assure you.
A perfect omelette for a healthy diet because it only has onion and egg with very little oil.
Be sure to enjoy the fantastic omelette recipes that we have on the blog. You can see all the step by step photos of the onion omelette recipe in this album.