- 30 minutes
- For 4 people
- 2.8 € / person
There is nothing more glorious than some eggs and chips, and if we give this simple recipe a twist, just a little, we can prepare this dish of yummy. A simple dish converted to a gourmet dish: broken eggs flavored with autumn and chanterelles.
This recipe is suitable for celiacs because it is gluten-free and the best thing is that its base is a classic in the kitchen, eggs, onions and potatoes; that we will accompany with all the flavor of the chanterelles. Mushrooms are one of the few foods in nature that we still find in the wild. Passionates of this world like Evelio and Encarna go to the Sierra de Madrid during the week to look for and collect these chanterelles, some boletus, senderuelas, oyster mushrooms, etc. The mushroom is the final prize of a wonderful walk among nature, a day with a double prize.
Chanterelles or rovellones (Lactarius Delicious) belong to one of the most appreciated and well-known genres of mushrooms and stand out for their versatility in the kitchen, since we can prepare them on the grill, with garlic, in stew, with rice, to garnish fish and meat, with pasta … Above they are very beautiful, an orange color with circles of reddish tones that sometimes turn green and orange over time. They give off a quite pleasant aroma that will delight young and old. If you do not have the opportunity to walk through the mountains and look for them, there is always the option of buying them from the greengrocer. I hope you like today’s recipe, a yummy treat.
Preparation of broken or crashed eggs with chanterelles
- We peel the potatoes, wash them in cold water and cut them into half centimeter slices, that is, bakery potatoes. You can also cut them into strips, the result is similar but less attractive when presenting the dish. We dry the potatoes with absorbent kitchen paper and reserve.
- We put a very large frying pan on the fire with the extra virgin olive oil. Heat the oil, add a piece of potato and when bubbles come out, add the rest. Fry over medium heat for about 12-15 minutes. It is important that they are not very crispy but also not cooked, you have to click to know when they are at that midpoint.
- We remove the potatoes with a slotted spoon and drain them well. We salt and reserve in a source. We remove the oil from the pan, you can use it perfectly for other recipes.
- Well cleaned chanterelles , wash them to remove soil and plant debris that may bring. We dry them with a bit of absorbent paper and laminate. In my case, you can see in the video that I already had the chanterelles clean , but the first thing is to prepare the mushrooms, so that later nothing strange goes to my mouth. We put them in the pan with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and sauté with a pinch of salt. We remove to a plate draining all the oil and the juices that have been released in the pan very well.
- For this recipe we have used sweet onions from the “PDO Cebolla Fuentes de Ebro”, they are from the Zaragoza area and are usually sold in almost all supermarkets. This onion will not need anything more than heat to caramelize in the pan, its inner layers are very tender and succulent. In addition, if we consume it raw, it does not leave that unpleasant taste in the mouth, it has a mild, almost itchy taste, making it highly digestive. The difference between a normal and sweet onion is in the levels of sulfur complexes. These sulfurous complexes are what cause tears, itching, and indigestion. That is the reason why sweet onions are grown on land with low amounts of sulfur. They are perfect for these broken eggs or for the famous empanadas on the blog. Here is my advice, you will see the difference.
- Peel the onion and cut it into very thin slices. In the same frying pan that we have used to sauté the mushrooms we add all the onion and cook over medium heat. When we see that it begins to release water, we raise the temperature a little so that it browns. We lower the heat and salt, stir with a wooden spoon for about 5 minutes until it catches a little caramel color that will be the warning to remove it to a plate.
- The key point of the recipe is in the eggs. Pour 1 tablespoon of the potatoes oil into the same frying pan and fry the eggs without they finish curdling, they should not be very cooked (the yolk must be liquid). Add the onion and potatoes to the pan and break the eggs with a wooden spoon.
- We present these broken eggs on a large plate with the chanterelles on top and a little Maldon salt.
This dish must be served immediately and very hot. I hope you like it. Bo provided!
I encourage you to visit more recipes for delicious tapas, snacks and skewers for an unforgettable evening with yours. Perfect for a light dinner, a party or, yes, a delicious way to share food with friends and the people you love.