- 25 minutes
- For 10 people
- 0.5 € / person
- 268kcal per 100g.
How to make orange cookies .
There is no week at home that I am not asked to make some cookies.
What if for breakfast, what if to take to the office or for the “coffee time” of each day.
Most of the time they are the famous oatmeal cookies . I am delighted, although I always feel remorse for so much caloric intake to our diet. So I’ve thought of a little bit healthier cookies.
To solve this problem are the so-called “healthy cookies”, made with lighter ingredients, without the typical butter, which is to blame for so much calories.
These cookies today have oatmeal and extra virgin olive oil , a pack of the healthiest. Although to make them sweet (it does not come with the juice) we have added a touch of honey and panela.
To add a touch of grace, I have included zest and orange juice . The final result could not be more satisfactory, and the truth is that they are almost gone, from the whole batch.
We go home and one way or another we always end up in the kitchen to snack on one of these cookies. The process of making them could not be easier.
Preparation of the base or dough of orange cookies
- First of all, we are going to collect all the necessary items to prepare the cookies: 2 bowls, a strainer, a grater), a juicer, some metal rods, baking paper and a plastic bag or pastry bag.
- While we make the dough for the cookies, we take the opportunity to preheat the oven. It will be 10 minutes at 180º C. We remove the trays from the oven.
- In a bowl, add the oatmeal or oat flakes. We add a tablespoon of chemical yeast dessert, a pinch of salt, and mix gently with a spoon. We reserve.
- In another bowl, add the honey and sugar sugar. Then the oil, mix well with the rods.
- Add the egg and mix again, until everything is well integrated.
- Grate the orange on the flour, trying to only go the surface of the skin, since the white part will give us bitterness. We mix.
- We squeeze the juice from the orange and reserve it.
- Now add the mixture from the other bowl (sugar / oil / egg) and mix everything little by little. A thick and homogeneous mass will be formed.
- We pour the orange juice and continue kneading. Do not worry if it is slightly thick, it is normal to have added the liquid.
Baking and final presentation of cookies
- On a baking tray, we place a base of baking paper.
- If you have a knack for making cookies, you can add portions of dough with a spoon, but it is quite cumbersome.
- A good option is to transfer the dough to a pastry bag or plastic bag. We cut one end and make small piles on the paper.
- For this amount, 15-20 cookies will come out, depending on their size. It is important that you separate them sufficiently in the tray, that they do not get to touch once in the oven.
- We place the tray in a central position with heat up and down. Bake for 14 minutes at 180º C.
- You will see that they will increase a little volume. The optimal point will be when they are gilded by the edges.
- Although it may seem like a short time, it is the right time for them to be very tender and with the right texture.
- Once removed from the oven, while they cool, they will take “body”.
I have to tell you that it is “delicious”, we have loved them at home and they are also very healthy.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.
Tips for delicious orange cookies
- It’s about combining the ingredients, shaping them and baking. In just half an hour you will have some crispy cookies ready, very tasty, and that will also hold you perfectly for a whole week.
- In a couple of days we have almost finished them, they are even addictive … hehe I hope you like them and also try to give them your personal touch.
- If you do not like orange , you can give it another touch of flavor, such as cinnamon, chopped almond, lemon, etc. But always make sure they are healthy and healthy foods.