- 30 minutes
- For 10 people
- 0.4 € / person
How to prepare a nougat strudel Do you like soft nougat? I love it, that’s why I thought about preparing a different dessert for Christmas, to put aside the typical trays of nougat of a lifetime, nougat strudel.
At Rechupete recipes we love Christmas recipes , traditions and gastronomic customs but we also enjoy new recipes that make the traditional something a little more novel. Last year you triumphed with the nougat mousse cake and this year with this strudel, you will see.
Without much effort we can turn the classic Jijona nougat into a super special dessert that will give a different touch to your tables for the Christmas holidays. I like to have everything ready to enjoy dinner with the family, without getting up more than necessary. I leave you that I am going to prepare this dessert with the little ones at home. I hope you like it.
Preparation of nougat strudel
- Of the 500 ml of liquid cream, we are going to reserve four tablespoons in a separate container, which we will use later to dissolve the gelatin sheets.
- We prepare the whipped cream: In a deep container we add the 500 ml of liquid cream and the sugar (I have used 150 gr, but the sweetness of the cream is a matter of taste. Keep in mind that the nougat will later add more sugar, so be careful).
- We beat the cream and sugar with the rod that must also be very cold (or in the kitchen robot) until we get the consistency and volume of whipped cream. Once ready we reserve it in the fridge.
- In a container with water of the time we incorporate the gelatin sheets for 3 minutes.
- We cut the nougat into small cubes and mix them with 100 gr of whipped cream (the rest of the cream is kept in the fridge so that it is kept very cold). We crush the nougat well and then finish preparing the cream with the mixer.
- We heat the liquid cream that we reserved in step 1. With about 10 seconds of microwave it will be enough, it is not necessary to boil.
- Drain the gelatin sheet and add it to the hot liquid cream. We stir until the gelatin is perfectly dissolved and if necessary we will use the mixer so that the gelatin dissolves completely.
- Add the dissolved gelatin to the nougat cream and mix with a spoon. Next we incorporate the whipped cream that we have in the fridge.
Strudel baking and final assembly
- We mix everything with smooth and enveloping movements. We reserve the mixture in the refrigerator for two hours.
- Meanwhile we prepare the strudel. We extend the sheets of puff pastry (without removing the paper that we will leave as the base of the baking tray) and smooth it a little with the rolling pin.
- We make some cuts or lines horizontally and vertically so that we have homogeneous squares or rectangles, so when they harden, we will avoid breaking them when cutting them.
- We discard the sides. Sprinkle with icing sugar and put it in the oven, with heat up and down at 180 ° C. Let them cook until golden.
- When the puff pastries are ready we remove them from the oven and let them cool while the nougat mouse finishes cooling.
- When we see that the texture of the nougat cream is as desired, we add the mouse to a pastry bag. For my 12 strudel, I will use 12 base puffs and another 12 to cover. We place the 12 bases and carefully press our pastry bag to cover them with the mousse. Once they are ready, we cover it and continue until filling the 12 strudel.
- Sprinkle some icing sugar to decorate and we can now serve our dessert.
Tips and advice for a yummy nougat strudel
- Therefore, you can leave the strudel and the nougat mousse prepared beforehand and mount the dessert just before serving. Thus the texture of the mousse will be perfect.
- Its elaboration could not be easier. It is also a low cost sweet, one that we like and do not hurt in our pockets.
- The only difficulty you can find, to say the least, is with the gelatin sheet, if you have never used them. But if you follow the step by step, you will not have any problem. You can substitute this ingredient for neutral gelatin powder.
- In other recipes they use Greek yogurt. But I like much more the texture that is obtained with the homemade whipped cream . I usually mount it by hand or with the electric rods. But if you have a food processor you can use it, thus saving you a few wrist blows.
- Be sure to enjoy our dessert recipes and the special Christmas recipes .
You can see all the photos of this recipe for nougat strudel step by step in the next album.